Publicly reproved... how would explain?

by Bryan 20 Replies latest members private

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

If the person held a Servant position. It will addd....so & so is no longer serving as an Elder for example. The main intent is to establish that the person has undergone a JC and that he is not being DF'd.

This is often done when the person has been "brought back" from the brink of disaster by the loving Elders...also to squash any rumors that the person may be in trouble , in other words they confirm he/she was indeed involved in some wrongdoing.unfavoured position.

Nadsam

[email protected]

• garybuss
    garybuss

Public Reproof, the motivation to do the fade in about 6 months. :-)

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Publicy reproving sounds like punishment and judgment, which only God is able to deal out.

"Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone."

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

• Danylo21
    Danylo21

I was publicly and privately reproved, which was of course a major buzzkill. No privileges for 2 years. And felt like I had everyone's eyes on me all the time, trying to find flaws. It was probably my paranoia.

i remember that what sucked the most was not being able to comment in the meetings... not being invited to some of the get-togethers (some very kind JW's still considered me their friend so I wasn't left totally out of the loop), and during that Reproval time, it felt like being in spiritual limbo...not in, yet not out.

Well, you've been reproved, so what? I knew people who were far more "faithful" and got reproved, and my opinion of that person didn't change...it actually improved. I knew of this Regular Pioneer, father, husband, had a great job where he worked full-time, yet he pioneered full-time... he was feeling the pressure to quit the pioneering and get a better-paying job. I hear that the CO talked to him and gave him advice on how to stay a pioneer, how to avoid "Satan's influence", etc. Yet this "brother" left the pioneering in a weird manner and for that, he got publicly reproved. I knew that "brother" for years and years.

Did this reproval make me think any less of him? Honestly, no. It made me see he was just as human and as imperfect as I am. It was heartbreaking to see his depressed countenance for not being a pioneer anymore, and I really wished to tell him something, to tell him that it's just temporary and it's not the end of the world. But he had to deal with the reproval on his own. I hate the way the WTS hands out reprovals... on some of the people I knew were reproved, this action didn't do them any good... they ended up falling away eventually. Last I heard about this former Pioneer brother, he was getting back on track, still attending meetings, still preaching.

At least you should know that no one here will think of you any less. Whatever mistakes we make, we repent of them and admit we were wrong...and more importantly, not commit them again. That's sincere repentance, and thankfully God is willing to forgive us when we come with sincere hearts. A PR is just the WTS way of keeping their own in order and humiliating others into submission. <My opinion, of course>.

Are you still going to meetings? Did you leave the borganization?

• gumby
    gumby
    Public reproof is to inform the congregation that even though they may be aware of your misconduct in the past, all this has been resolved and you are once again pure in the eyes of jehovah and suitable for association with the congregation.

Not exactly.

When a sufficient amount of publishers know of the situation(sin)....then the elders make an announcment to let ones know it has been dealt with. If only a few know of the situation.....it's "private reproof" This doesn't mean this particular individual is peachy with Jehovah and "suitable" for association by any means. Every situation is different. If a brother or sister is boardering on becoming disfellowshiped......they obviously are not good association just because an announcment was made they were reproved.

Gumby

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I just got my post totally wiped from here. I've been deleted, I only had 1 post in 24 hours now thats gone.

FOR GODS SAKE!!!

Is that publicly reproved enough for you

Restricted on JWD.........why?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Take a deep breath Scooby and check your PM's

Kate

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Do you know why then Kate?

I'd love to know.

• gumby
  • Aly75
    Aly75

Hi everyone. I'm new and have something to say about the reproval/df'ing arrangement. Before my husband and I disassociated ourselves we had certain problems and my husband was in trouble with the elders for a few different issues. We separated due to the stress and pressure and ended up in different congs. Now, I had some experience with reproving a few years before I was married when, "by prayer and supplication" the elders were "directed" to only reprove me. I felt so saved, so grateful for the process. So imagine my surprise when the elders dealing with my husband asked me to come over as part of the JC and then asked me "do you want him disfellowshipped or just reproved?" Well, I thought they must have been seeing things because last time I checked I wasn't Jehovah. I still loved my husband and said no to disfellowshipping. They told me "Your will be done" and then a week later informed my husband that they had prayed and had been led by Jah to reprove him only. Thankfully, we got out of that crazy cult and have been married for 8 years, have 2 beautiful kids and are loving our FREEDOM!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit