Happy Hump Day

by FMZ 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Here's to looking forward to weekend... What helps you guys get through the work week?

FMZ

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Going out during the week. I was at the Viper Room in Hollywood last night. Preparing for the weekend the rest of this week.

'Everybody's working for the weekend'

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

We used to call it george day because we knew of a dog that would hump any and everything, moving and not.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Damn, I need a job. I don't even feel any different from yesterday. Well, sleepier.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I retired and all those weekly problems dried up.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    What helps you guys get through the work week?

Knowing that I need to stick it out until all my plans for this year are done. I hate my job. I'm an electronic technician. Here's an email I got from my boss today:

As you may have noticed, a considerable amount of garbage has blown on the lawn and around the building. Please grab a garbage bag and collect all of this debris. In the future, I would appreciate you finding the initiative to perform this work on your own instead of waiting for me to ask you or send you an e-mail. Does that make sense? I await your reply.

I didn't dare reply, or else I would have told him to go f**k himself. I'm getting married in 2 months, and I'm planning to buy a house this year. I need my job until those two goals are accomplished. Then I can look for a new job.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thank you.. I'll take a happy hump day..

Actually I was expecting a pretty decent day today because I have Fri off and I also took a vacation day yesterday.... so not bad.. a short week...

however.. my week bummed out when I found out last night my boss gave half the department and their significant others box seat tickets to see the Lakers last night in a company private booth.. so that kind of bummed me out since I never seem to get offered tickets when others (no doubt favorites) do

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Damn you guys. If CJ reads this, she'll find out what the real meaning is. Thanks a lot.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sassy. Been meaning to tell you I like your new avatar. Nice hat btw. Have I seen that before?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Damn you guys. If CJ reads this, she'll find out what the real meaning is.

I work for a firm that has a super politically correct agenda.We had a meeting to inform us that we were not allowed to use the term"happy hump day" as SOME PEOPLE thought it was referring to smut,sex and all those nasty things.The penalty could be firing we continued.The person or persons that caused this commotion were allowed to complain anonymously so no discussion was allowed on the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit