Second question: If you weren't roped into this religion by your parents...

by 2good2bad 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Gee, I hope there's a third question.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

CHEVYNTATS:

however I think your ending is a little different from how I remember it. I dont remember the whole "poking eyeballs out with spears" part of it :)

That's because we got the sanitized version, when we were kids. This is the original story I believe. Could you imagine your parents reading this version to you as a bedtime story? It would be like something out of "Paradise Lost - Paradise Regained"

• 2good2bad
    2good2bad

Makes sense. But in hindsight I don't think that I would have considered joining a religion that would tear my family apart. That's one thing I'm bitter about. My sister was disfellowshipped and they told my mother she couldn't talk to her. For a while she listened, but by the time she realized it my sister had already resented her and put a rift in our family bigtime. Now if I could change that, I WOULD!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

DF is a very inhumane thing. And by that rule, I would say JWs dont TRY to live by bible standards.

• 2good2bad
    2good2bad

I don't know about inhumane but it's damn sure judgemental. THEIR reasoning behind it was to make that person miss their family and friends and show them that if you do wrong this is what you'll lose. If you do right you can have it all, so to speak. I look back at that and think WHAT JUDGEMENTAL ASSHOLES. Who the hell are you to tell me that I can't even TALK to my damn sister?!!! Shoot Jesus KNEW that Judas was going to betray him and yet he still talk to him! And get this, it was all because she married a "wordly" man that she got pregnant by! Now I could see if she didn't get married, but shoot they could have just said sit in the back.....man to hell with this. I get to upset and I'm about to type a hole into my keyboard. You get what I'm saying... peace.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan
    Would you have chosen this faith on your own? Why not?

I chose it because I didn't want to come out of the closet, and I trusted my best friend because she was smart... I thought "someone this smart couldn't be wrong about this. I'd never met a smart religious person before. It was always an oxymoron, and Dana was very well read, well-versed in JW Bible Rhetoric, and could defend herself in a religious argument. I thought that meant she had truth... I was wrong as hell.

Is it too hard to live righteously?

Define righteousness and I'll let you know. How do you define something that can't be defined? JWs define everything to the WTBS standards, and not universally. Their definitions are biased, so living righteously depends on what righteousness is. I am openly homosexual, and to me that is perfectly righteous way of life. To a JW, it's not.

Do you really believe it's a cult?

Yes, 100 percent. The uniform beliefs, the structure of shunning, the "faithful and discreet slave' mask for their leader, YES. ITS. A. CULT.

If the bible says do not fornicate, commit adultery, defoul the human body (your temple) , ect...and this religion just happened to TRY and abide by all these rules, does that make them a cult or genuinely God fearing people?

All religious organizations are a cult by anthropological definition, but JWs take it to the extreme. Shunning is MEDICALLY DOCUMENTED now as causing psychotic behavior and basically messing up a person's head. Yeah, that's really christian, making your friend suffer. Besides, the Bible is full of s--t to believe, its' all in how you interpret it. Dubs take that right away from a human being. They take away your right to think freely.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    I don't know about inhumane but it's damn sure judgemental

It is inhumane. Would you treat your dog like that?!

I sure as hell wouldnt.

• marie67
    marie67

Stephanie, Sometimes I wish I could DF my doggies they can be so naughty!!! They wake up my baby all the time

Anyway they are so cute I always forgive them!

I would probably be no religion and try to live a good life

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    For a while she listened, but by the time she realized it my sister had already resented her and put a rift in our family bigtime. Now if I could change that, I WOULD!

Sorry, but your sister didn't put a rift in the family, the Watchtower Society with their disfellowshipping rules did that themselves. Shunning is emotional blackmail so don't try to whitewash it to make it look better on the surface.. Your sis apparently got enough of it and retaliated in kind. She probably was compelled to do so to save her own sanity.

In conclusion I think some of us here on the board may have judged you too harshly. Many here have suffered greatly as a result of the societys cruel and unjust actions, so it is understandable why they may be a bit quick to take offense. Please use this forum to research what has happened to people here, and you will have a better undestanding of why some of us have rejected some of the societys teachings. Bug

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Makes sense. But in hindsight I don't think that I would have considered joining a religion that would tear my family apart. That's one thing I'm bitter about. My sister was disfellowshipped and they told my mother she couldn't talk to her. For a while she listened, but by the time she realized it my sister had already resented her and put a rift in our family bigtime. Now if I could change that, I WOULD!

2good2bad - sorry to see this has happened in your family. I don't know your situation (I get the feeling you are still an active JW) but hope you are keeping open communication with your sister even though she's disfellowshipped. This would be hard to maneuver with your mother around, but you can at least try. No reason for a bigger rift, if you get what I mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit