Another religious fanatic. Warning. Disturbing read ....

by xjw_b12 11 Replies latest social current

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Jailed murder suspect plucks out eye

SHERMAN, Texas (AP) -- A jailed man accused of killing and cutting out the hearts of his son, estranged wife and her daughter plucked out his own eye and then quoted from the Bible, officials said Tuesday.

Andre L. Thomas was in a county jail cell Friday night when he tore his eye out of its socket with his hands, said Grayson County Sheriff Keith Gary.

Thomas, 21, then quoted the verse Mark 9:47: "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell."

Thomas was taken to a hospital and the eyeball was put on ice, but it could not be reattached. He is now being held in restraints at the jail, the sheriff said.

Thomas is accused in the March 26 stabbing deaths of his 4-year-old son, his 20-year-old estranged wife and her 1-year-old daughter. All the victims' hearts were cut out; two were found at Andre Thomas' house. He turned himself in and was charged with one count of capital murder.

A judge ruled Monday that Thomas will be evaluated by a mental health professional.

A little late for that I think.

• FMZ
    FMZ

The only thing I find disturbing about this story is that the man was not shot where he stood.

FMZ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like a relative of abraham... they both seem to like cutting things off themselves.

• kls
    kls

Why can't they do it to them selves. Always taking the innocent ,that is a big problem with the bible, these odiots take it litterly and they are always right in the way they read it. Sick so sick

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

I don't think he is just a religious fanatic, obviously he has severe mental problems.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I wonder if it "Squished" or made a popping sound?!?! I will have to keep "An eye out" for more info...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The article does not mention a religion

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The article does not mention a religion

Sure he did... he is Christian. Don't presume to think you have a monopoly on the use of the word "Christian". This guy gets to use it too. He is also clearly a very devout Christian as he was willing to take his eye out just like the Christian Scriptures command.

Thomas, 21, then quoted the verse Mark 9:47: "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell."
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Sure he did... he is Christian. Don't presume to think you have a monopoly on the use of the word "Christian".

maybe so but I still hate it when they write articles like this and do not state what religion the person is from.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

plmkrzy said:

maybe so but I still hate it when they write articles like this and do not state what religion the person is from.

only if they are jw's http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/64622/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit