I will get through it, but am sad at the moment.

by azaria 4 Replies latest jw friends

• azaria
    azaria

Like most people I hate war but sometimes it seems necessary. Watching Oprah today saddened me. She had former POW’s on today. Whatever you personally think about war (like one soldier said WAR is HELL) these men & women sacrificed their lives for us, so we would have freedom. I still don’t know if going to war with Afghanistan & Iraq was the right thing to do. I feel there is so much we didn’t know. What hurts me so much is that my parents were always complaining about the war, any war. It is so easy to be against the war, you don’t sacrifice anything. You still reap the benefits whether you agree with it or not. What were we supposed to do during WW2? Were we supposed to passively sit back and let Hitler take over? My father was so against the war yet we grew up never knowing if he loved us. He was a mean spirited man. I believe that the soul never dies. There are times that I think that Hell is the realization that you were cruel or indifferent to your family, that maybe one sees the heart of the people that were their lives. What a horrible ordeal that would be, to realize how much pain you inflicted on others. Times like these I realize that I still haven’t gotten over the death of my father. One good thing, you can learn how to show love to your own children, because you know personally how devasting it is not to feel loved by your own dad.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((Azaria))))

• kls
    kls

I also saw Oprah and it was very hard to watch but as the service men and women would say , they knew what they were getting into when they enlisted and they have no regrets. As for having unloving parents, both my parents hated kids but had four and let us know daily how they felt. You can't change what was done ,all you can do is not be the person they were. I feel the physical and emotional abuse mad me a stronger person. I can't change who my parents were but i can sure make sure i am never like them. You have a right to be sad sometimes thinking about youre dad not giving his love ,it is something all kids deserve and have a right to, just remember those days are gone and you can give what you did not get.

• Sassy
    Sassy

((((((((Azaria)))))))).. I'm sorry.. There are things that trigger things for us which are not always pleasant. To be honest, I never felt like I could attain my father's love either. And I guess in many ways I am still trying to get it..

I don't know how I feel about the war going on and if we should be there or not. I think too many things are kept from us (information) so we don't always know everything.. But I do feel for those out there as we as their famiiles.

• Purple
    Purple

Sorry you feel so down at the moment azaria. War is horrible and no one really wins a war as innocent die on both sides, especially with wars being fought right amongst civillians these days. I too feel sad about the poor younger men fighting older mens battles. Whilst I didn't see the Oprah show as we dont get them hear in Australia for moths and I am work when they are on. I still hear ya.

One thing though and I dont want to start an argument and I am not having a go at any nation and its not overly important but I just wanted to point out to you that america did sit back for years whilst Hitler tried to take over the world until the Japaneese involved them. I mean thank goodness your country did step in when in finally did! However what makes me angry is that australia always supports every nation whether we are directly involved or not and our men are slaughtered without much thought of by the rest of the world. Then the one time we asked for assistance (Solomon Islands) America told us its not our problem go away.

However I know that was not the point of your thread but there is the bigger picture to think about to. I feel just as sorry for the people over in the middle east who also didnt want this war and have been more effected than any one in the west has. When I see the poor mothers crying on the news over their todlers being killed I get so angry because one man wants his way to rule the whole world. Many thousands of innocent people have died because of this one man and he has to be stopped. The ironical thing about that is that if he is caught there are probably several men ready to take up the fight where he left off. Kind of makes the whole thing pointless I feel but where do you draw the line and say enough is enough! I am just glad its not me trying to make those decisions. I dont envy your president one bit. I marvel at how he can decide on something as huge as he does. For that alone he is to be praised. Then I suppose it depends on your view. Its just so hard and so frustrating so I can only imagine how he must be feeling!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit