Social Skills/Dating

by particlesnwaves5 12 Replies latest jw friends

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

Thank you all for your responses and support. It means alot.

I do have a job at a group home. My coworkers are the same sex as me. But I am developing some friends with them. The group home is part of a larger organization. There are a couple of men in this organization I would like to get to know but have felt too shy.

I think I will start going to art classes at the local university.

Is anyone here at this forum interested in creative writing. I think it would be nice if there was a thread or section devoted to creativity.

Again thank you all so much, P

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

Donkey:

<<<I am lonely always... >>> Is your real name Eeyore? Sorry, just couldn't resist. I know what loneliness can be like. I think we are all doomed to a certain loneliness until we die. I think it is important to make very good friends with yourself, first. That's the only human each of us can count on to hang around for all time. When we are at peace with ourselves I think we will attract more friends. P

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

Nosferatu: <<If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you don't need a woman in your life to be happy. Happiness comes from achievement, self-perception, passion, (probably more that I can't think of). One good rule of thumb that I learned is that a woman [man] should ADD happiness to your life, not be the source of it. If you base all your happiness on one person, and that person leaves your life, all that you have built will come crashing down on you, and you're right back where you started. Build happiness on yourself, your achievements, your success, and you'll have no problems. >>

Yes, I think this very true...Thank you. P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit