At the Filling Station

by Duncan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

eerrrrr yes you were much nicer than I would have been.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    By the way, it's spelled "eh", not "ay".

Aye? Are you sure, eh?

HS

• reganashe
    reganashe

Maybe she was PMSing, she was just being moody.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

You were too nice about the whole thing.

If I was PMSing it would have ended up being Road Rage.

She was downright rude and I have a dislike for rude, airheaded, oblivious people.

My opinion.

cj

• Scully
    Scully

I would have asked the station attendant to call for a tow truck to move the ruddy car. Or at least get the tow truck there and start hooking up to her front bumper to give her a FREAKING clue. See how much she likes it when she has to pay for towing on top of her diesel fuel.

Oh and "rude"?? Obviously she defines "rude" as anyone or anything that interferes with whatever she wants to do. Too bad that's not the commonly agreed upon definition.

Stupid biatch.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yep, you can run into idiots anywhere these days. It just goes to show how close we all are really to the edge and how any minute we could just freak out and start killing everyone in sight. I'm glad to see you remained calm.

Don't you guys have auto pay at the pump over there?

• Duncan
    Duncan

Dear all,

Thanks for all the replies.

On the whole, yes I agree with you all, and, looking back, I was far too nice.

But I was talking about this to one or two of the girls at work, told them the whole story, and one of them said that it was quite likely that White Coat Lady hadn't understood about the only-one-deisel-pump thing. WCL was there filling up with her normal unleaded, and probably had no idea that the only pump dispensing deisel was her one.

As I said, during the course of the half-hour there were several times when there was no one else at the filling station. From her point of view she must have been looking accross, seeing all these other perfectly usable pumps free for me to go to, and yet, there was me, that RUDE MAN, still pig-headedly waiting behind her car, obviously only doing it to annoy/harrass/bully her.

She probably went home and told her husband all about this aggressive lunatic who had so upset her. "Oh my God! He probably took a note of my number plate, Now he'll trace where I live and probably start stalking me!! He'll probably murder us all in our beds!!"

And White Coat Man probably has to calm her down. Or something. I dunno.

But I must admit I hadn't thought of things that way.

Anyway,

- Hilary, curiously enough, last night I had dinner with Tim Griffiths (remember him? became Head Boy, the year after you left). He stills sees Stephen Hancock from time to time, we talked about him, WCL, and Radio 4 comedy in general .

- Attila, not many places do pay-at-pump yet in the UK, there are some Tesco outlets have just started, but it's not common.

- E-man, friendly fizzog? Nah, mate! I'm a scary bloke. Really. They're all terrified of me here at work!

Duncan.

• Englishman
    Englishman

-

E-man, friendly fizzog? Nah, mate! I'm a scary bloke. Really. They're all terrified of me here at work!

Psst...to those who may be somewhat baffled: FIZZOG = Physiognomy.

Englishman.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Duncan,

You are quite right - you are far too nice - always have been.

Hilary, curiously enough, last night I had dinner with Tim Griffiths (remember him? became Head Boy, the year after you left). He stills sees Stephen Hancock from time to time, we talked about him, WCL, and Radio 4 comedy in general .

Yes, I do remember him Duncan, though I did not know he was made Head Boy. If I recall you two were quite friendly. Stephen has had an interesting career altogether and like the rest of you made much more money that I...lol. He was actually trying to arrange a reunion at some stage, but it seems to have slipped beneath the radar.

At least we are still all alive - so far so good...lol

Take care Duncan - HS

• Satanus
    Satanus
    From her point of view she must have been looking accross, seeing all these other perfectly usable pumps free for me to go to, and yet, there was me, that RUDE MAN, still pig-headedly waiting behind her car, obviously only doing it to annoy/harrass/bully her.

Likely. Many people go through life only 10% conscious. That means they are operating on automatic for 90% of their lives. WCL may have been down to 1% consciousness. What can you do? You were amazingly patient.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit