the memorial

by galaxy7 11 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Hi All,

Well the memorial was as interesting as everThere were about 50 people in attendance.

I was happy to see about 10 people come in jeans.I thought that was wonderful

He gave a good talk ,This is one time he had to mention Jesus but he did well not overstating the name.

He quoted the american standard version a few times except when he talked about john 3:16 then he used the new world translation.

I liked how they have a curtain up around a pretending window,that initself gave me food for thought.

the local priest has been attending the memorial over the years word has it when he retires he is going to become a JW

A few people talked to me, all in all I guess it went well

I have a question though If you are disfellowshiped can you pass the bread and wine ??

• English Patient
    English Patient
    If you are disfellowshiped can you pass the bread and wine ??

I wonder..

Did you hear this so called 'special announcement' at the end of the meeting?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I have a question though If you are disfellowshiped can you pass the bread and wine ??

Yes, indeed, and partake, too. I did, as did my sister in Christ who accompanies. Have for 9 years now, 4 in and 5 out.

And, yes, they did make a "special" announcement:

They invited *all* visitors (please note that I found out later, when speaking to an elder who informed me that he "don't speak to apostates" that *all* does not include folks *like* me) to speak with elders if they had *any* questions about what they heard or wanted a *free* BIble study. They said that although Bible Studies used to be one hour, they are *now* to be customized *according to your needs and schedule*. They then invited such "visitors" to a Special Talk to be given "all over the world" on Sunday, April 18th. I forgot the subject; I think because it didn't sound "new" to me, but simply renamed.

So, they can most probably expect a fairly good turnout: the Memorial garners the most attendance and what better way to "trap" folks than to dangle a "carrot" hinting at something mysterious that they just don't want to miss? "Armageddon could come and you would miss it 'cause you weren't at the Kingdom Hall..." or something like that.

Nothing new under the sun...

May you all have peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
  • gumby
    gumby

Not if the Dfed one can be bypassed. If they are in the middle of the row.......they pass it on.

Can you imagine the disruption the plate bein passed to Shelby, and the little brownosing attendant sayin..." don't pass that to that little bastard......she's a damn apostated Dfed sombitch"!

Hi Shelby

Gumby

• Joker10
    Joker10

parents congregation ; 90 publishers 269 attendance

• heathen
    heathen

joker10 --- Let me guess--- 0 partakers . The food and wine had to make it's way thru 359 people to be thrown out . Is that insane or what ?

LOL @gumby

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Let me guess--- 0 partakers . The food and wine had to make it's way thru 359 people to be thrown out . Is that insane or what ?

I don't think they throw it out. I overheard some elders (many years ago) talking about how perfectly acceptable it would be to drink the wine after the Memorial Service. - They may have done just that!

• heathen
    heathen

LoverofTruth--- I think it the same as trowing it out if they don't use it for the intent it was supposed to be . It was supposed to be used for a church supper so people could proclaim their faith in the ransom scacrifice but they have everyone convinced they are unworthy exept for a few that think they are worthy of serving in heaven as kings . I can't think of a scripture where jesus excludes anybody such as the WTBTS has people believing .

• Joker10
    Joker10

I think there was at least 1 partaker. Possibly two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit