does anyone know the jehovahs witness view on film Passion of the christ

by farmer 20 Replies latest jw friends

• farmer
    farmer

????

• English Patient
    English Patient

I know some who wanted to go and see it, but I don't know of their views of the film.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Good question, Farmer. I was wondering the same thing myself.

BTW - welcome to the board!

growedup

P.S. Welcome to English Patient, as well!

• English Patient
  • blondie
    blondie

Actually, the ones I know who went were positive about it and used it as a talking point in their door to door ministry, selecting magazines and books that highlight Jesus' life. They talked to more people than they had ever in their life. Strange they didn't think about making Jesus the theme of their sermons before the movie.

Blondie

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Actually, the ones I know who went were positive about it and used it as a talking point in their door to door ministry, selecting magazines and books that highlight Jesus' life. They talked to more people than they had ever in their life.

I heard the same thing from JW's on a witness site.

Devon

• glitter
    glitter

The last time an elder came to visit my mum (the only one who does - he comes to bring magazines) he said something to me like "Have you heard about that film The Passion? What do you think about it? They're making a right fuss about Jesus."

• freedom96
    freedom96

For starters, it is rated R, so I am not sure how many would admit to seeing it if indeed they did go, plus it is made by a worldly actor named Gibson, and has worldly actors in it, and they didn't use the NWT bible, and certainly didn't discuss it with the GB beforehand, so it probably isn't very accurate. Plus, they never use the name Jehovah.

Outside that, I personally saw the film, loved it.

• heathen
    heathen

Wow I can't believe they condone seeing the movie . It's clearly mel gibsons attempt to get people back to the catholic church . He even claimed the holy spirit was directing him as he directed the movie . This was clearly produced by babylon the great and the false prophet . There are probly deemonz in the theaters where the movie shows . But then again I've noticed the WTBTS is sounding more and more like the catholic church . The arrangement is now considered a clegy because of taxation they agree to terms with the UN to become an NGO .

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

The Witnesses I know think it's awful because, of course, Gibson isn't a Witness, so it's all wrong. They did say they were going to use it to place more "Greatest Man" books. *blech*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit