Global Warming?

by got my forty homey? 9 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Its 30 degrees cold tonight here in Upstate New York. Its April 4! Its been cold like this with lots of snow for the past TWO years. What happened to global warming? I want MY global warming NOW! Or, does global warming mean that its cold when its supposed to be warm?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You'd better be careful posting stuff like that Forty, you may be viewed as a GW Apostate like I am.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Not sure about global warming, got my forty, but I sure do hope you get some good weather soon! Everybody needs a nice spring.

• Mary
    Mary
    I want MY global warming NOW! Or, does global warming mean that its cold when its supposed to be warm?

LOL!! I know how you feel........I had to scrap m' god damn windows on the car this morning.........what global warming does is make the weather more drastic. In other words, winters will be longer and colder, summers are unbearably hot and you can have either drought or floods. I've definitely noticed a change in the weather over the last 5 or 6 years: we either go for 3 months with NO rain, or it rains the whole summer.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Posting Al Gores pic was a nice touch. This past winter he gave a speech in New England somewhere on the coldest day in the past 50 years. The subject of the speech? Global Warming.

• Latte
    Latte

Worry not! My hubby says that NASA tracked down global warming to our house.......he has now made me turn the heating system down!

Weather paterns should be returning to normal soooon!

• wednesday
    wednesday

lol Latte, that reminds me of the commerical that ran here in Texas for a while. A young guy , say 30, has bought his first house. He is standing in the doorway, on his phone saying something like this "dad, i just moved in and i'm calling to tell u that every light in the house is on and i have the door open and the air conditioning running. " That was so funny cause u know it is your mom and esp dad who runs around telling u to turn out the lights and close the door u are air conditioning the entire neighborhood. lol

maybe it's that guy, tell him to shut his door and turn out those lights.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, global warming can affect weather patterns and doesn't just mean that we all get better weather. It can bring floods and storms as well as harsher winters - just generally more volatile conditions.

Angharad is the expert on this - she's been covering it in her university course (I just look at the pictures in her books and say "oooh ... pretty clouds" )

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

The record low for today was 11 degrees in 1982 and high 92 degrees in 1976.

So did the global warming start in 1976 and then stop in 1982 and then start again today?

• Purple
    Purple

Know what you mean homey. I have noticed big weather pattern changes too. Here in down under land we go straight from a few weeks of decent summer weather to cold with nothing in between. Gone are those beautiful inbetween weather days where its just perfect ane great to be alive wouldnt be dead for quids type days. Its just hot or cold and nothing else. I want those in between days back all year. I hate winter and we are plummeted into coldness now that day light saving has ended! I want a decent summer with days of 110 for weeks on end. Lovely long hot days that you can still see without lights at 9.30 pm. Winge winge winge, balh blah blah! I want summer back. I hate autumn and winter! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Not happy Jan!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit