Instead of the memorial...

by meat pie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• meat pie
    meat pie

I watched the classic video 'The Wicker Man'. A bit dated, but a great story even so, and quite apt too.

And I shall have 'a little something', as Winnie the Pooh would say, before bedtime.

What did you do?

Shirley.

• English Patient
    English Patient

Hi.

I signed up here, and basically wasted the night away. Why brake the habbit of a lifetime? No wonder I have a bad back at 21.

• glitter
    glitter

"The Wicker Man" = excellent taste in horror films! :)

I spent the memorial time explaining the whole lot about JWs to a non-JW after he witnessed my mum (inactive for about 7 years, missed the last 3 memorials) in full JW mode on the way to the memorial.

• Princess
    Princess

Apparently it doesn't start until 9pm here, that is 4 1/2 hours from now. I thought it was next week. No worries, haven't been in seven years and won't ever go. Besides, Sopranos starts at 9! Kids go to bed at 7:30. Will have already consumed a pint or two.

So many reasons not to go...besides the obvious.

Rachel

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ditto, except for the kids part.

• jimbob
    jimbob

The wife and I went to a birthday party this afternoon. I can tell you it was a hell of a lot more fun that sitting in a building with no windows and having booze and food passed in front of me that I wan't allowed to touch......

• kat2u
    kat2u

Hmmm Im having a nice merlot.And a good dinner feeling very relaxed.I would not be feeling so good at the memorial.Im glad I am here instead!

• shamus
    shamus

I watched the Ten Commandments on ABC high, till I fell asleep. The Bible is a boring book.

• Mulan
    Mulan

That sounds a lot better, Jimbob.

We had a steak dinner, with a nice red. Much better!!

There was 101 at the local memorial. That is terrible attendance. It doesn't begin to fill that KH. *** chuckling***

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i went salsa dancing. much more enjoyable, plus u get to drink the alcohol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit