Confess by partaking at the Memorial? !!!

by etan 4 U 3 Replies latest jw friends

• etan 4 U
    etan 4 U

please answer the question at the bottom....

2 Cor 13:5-6

5 Keep testing whether YOU are in the faith, keep proving what YOU yourselves are. Or do YOU not recognize that Jesus Christ is in union with YOU ? Unless YOU are disapproved. 6 I truly hope YOU will come to know we are not disapproved.

Romans 8:1-2 Therefore those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation . 2 For the law of that spirit which gives life in union with Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Mat 10:32 " Everyone , then, that confesses union with me before men , I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens;

Luke 12 : 8 "I say, then, to YOU , Everyone that confesses union with me before men , the Son of man will also confess union with him before the angels of God.

John 6: 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

John 15:4-7 Remain in union with me, and I in union with YOU. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can YOU, unless YOU remain in union with me. 5 I am the vine, YOU are the branches. He that remains in union with me, and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; because apart from me YOU can do nothing at all. 6 If anyone does not remain in union with me, he is cast out as a branch and is dried up; and men gather those branches up and pitch them into the fire and they are burned. 7 If YOU remain in union with me and my sayings remain in YOU, ask whatever YOU wish and it will take place for YOU.

Gal 3:28,29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. 29 Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, YOU are really Abraham?s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.

Phil 3:4-11

If any other man thinks he has grounds for confidence in the flesh, I the more so: 5 circumcised the eighth day, out of the family stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew [born] from Hebrews; as respects law, a Pharisee; 6 as respects zeal, persecuting the congregation; as respects righteousness that is by means of law, one who proved himself blameless. 7 Yet what things were gains to me, these I have considered loss on account of the Christ. 8 Why, for that matter, I do indeed also consider all things to be loss on account of the excelling value of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. On account of him I have taken the loss of all things and I consider them as a lot of refuse, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in union with him, having, not my own righteousness, which results from law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness that issues from God on the basis of faith, 10 so as to know him and the power of his resurrection and a sharing in his sufferings, submitting myself to a death like his, 11 [to see] if I may by any means attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead .

If Jesus asked you to confess union with him before men by feeding on his flesh and drinking his blood at the memmorial would you?

Read

the Green!

• El blanko
    El blanko

Well I for one have always considered that the emblems are most likely meant for "all" Christians and not for those exclusively in a certain priviledged class.

But to make a "public display" at a Kingdom Hall by going against their own tradition lacks respect and therefore works against what I understand to be a Christian.

I would personally not go into any church and make a display to prove a point.

If that is what you are inferring by the context of the above post?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Personally, I will never set foot in a Kingdom Hall for ANYTHING!!!!

The WTS is a "psuedo" religion, a publishing corporation DISGUISED as a religion, and just on my own assumption, "taking Communion" within the KH walls, under WTS-guided rules, does NOT fit what I now think of as what Jesus would want his sheep to have any PART of.

ANY "confession that *I* would have, would NOT be in front of WTS men.

Annie

• AGuest
    AGuest
    to make a "public display" at a Kingdom Hall by going against their own tradition lacks respect and therefore works against what I understand to be a Christian.

I must vehemently disagree with you, deal El Banko and have to ask you, when it was that christians did NOT make a "public display"? Did they not continue to enter into the synagogues and go to the temple? Were they not told to remain in Jerusalem until they could no longer do so? Was it not for this very reason... public display... that they WERE persecuted: expelled from the synagogues... beaten... flogged... turned over to the Romans? Did not Christ himself go up to the temple festival, even though he KNEW such festival itself had been rejected by God... and KNEW that those there would be looking for him to put him to death? Was it not for the LOST sheep of Israel that he kept going... and told his disciples to keep going? Is a christian to hide his/her "lamp" under a "basket"? Or is he/she to let his/her light shine... before men?

The members of the WTBTS have been told, for the most part, that they are NOT to eat and drink... which teaching is against the very command of the Christ. If, then, those who DO confess union with Christ don't show them... by EXAMPLE... that they ARE to do so... WHO will? Is it enough to just tell others what they should do? Or should we also DO what we tell others they should do?

But how will they know TO do... if they never see anyone DO? Within the membership of the WTBTS, what is the ratio between those who eat and drink... and those do not? How many have gone for YEARS... without seeing ANYONE confess union with Christ? How many "congregations" even have such a person, ever had such a person?

If such "display" of boldness should not be at their own very celebration, which celebration is a PUBLIC affair... then WHERE? WHERE will such ones go to see what it is... IN TRUTH... that which they, too, are to do? Will they see it in another church? No, for they go to no other church. In the streets? No, for it is not demonstrated in the streets, and even if it were, they would either point the finger in ridicule and condemnation... or turn away to keep FROM seeing.

If you, who professes to be a christian... do not have the COURAGE to DEMONSTRATE that profession... and CONFESS it... among those who would condemn you for such... WHO will? Whose "job" is it? Are we NOT our brothers' "keeper", after all? True, it is not our purpose to be masters over any else's faith. But... if we KNOW what to do in this regard... and know that others are wondering what THEY should do... but are being told they should NOT... is it not upon US to show them?

If one is entering in among them, simply to "get their goat" by eating and drinking... then one is doing so for an unrighteous purpose: their own revenge. However, IF one is doing so because one knows that that is what SHOULD be done... that one has NO problem or fear in confessing one's union with Christ... even among those who teach that they SHOULDN'T... then one is doing so for the right reason. I ate and drank when among them. Although they asked me to leave for doing so... I will not stop doing so... among them.

Why? Because, as a SERVANT of mankind, I have an OBLIGATION to those who might be "battling" within themselves over the issue of whether to eat and drink... or not. If it IS the "way" in which such ones should walk... then I, as THEIR servant... should show them that they should and can... WITHOUT FEAR. My debt of love to them... would not be repaid otherwise.

I could simply say, "It's not my problem; they believe what they want to believe." But they believe what they do because they have not been shown any other way. There IS another Way, the Christ. And they do not know him... yet. Perhaps some never will. But my responsibility as a "christian" does not end because of that. For what man of you, having 99 sheep and losing one, would not leave the 99 to go and find the one?

If even only ONE, then, is "found"... wakes up and smells the coffee simply by means of MY demonstration of MY confession... which may only compel such one to simply CHECK what is true against what they've been TAUGHT... and as a result ALSO finds boldness to confess union with Christ... then I will have fulfilled my "debt" toward that one... and am "free" from his/her blood.

The WTBTS has "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men"... by shutting up the Way from their members. THEY... "seat themselves in the seat of Moses"... constituting themselves as "mediator" by means of saying that you MUST go through them. My Lord, the Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, has said that NO ONE comes to the Father, except through HIM... for HE is the Way.

Who, then, is going to tell these this truth? WHO will confess it... openly... before them? Here I am... send me.

May you have ears... to hear... dear EB.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit