Daylight Savings Time

by Jim_TX 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hey folks!

For those in the U.S. - don't fergit to push yer clocks ahead an hour tonight.

If you _do_, you'll be late to a few appointments tomorrow.

Regards,

Jim_TX

• Richie
    Richie

It's funny that most people say "Daylight Savings Time", but the correct expression is Daylight Saving Time

Richie :*)

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

Hey Jim,

THANK YOU- for some reason I thought it was tomorrow night! Geez- what a dumb arse! Your comment on being late reminded me of one time forever ago when we forgot and we were REALLY late for the meeting. We were so embarrased we just went out for breakfast instead of going in! HAHA

Jill

• Princess
    Princess

I'm not going to change my kids clocks until AFTER they get up. We have weekend morning rules. No one is allowed to get out of bed until 7am. If they get up before 7 and ask me if they can get up early, they lose TV for the day. (Very painful Sunday morning cartoon punishment). Once they get up, I don't want to see their bright shiny faces until I get up. It rarely works but I'm hopeful...

Rachel

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thanks, totaly slipped my mind.

I remember at meetings when people would come in late and say "why did they change meeting times"

DURRRR! They forgot too! lol

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Don't forget to give those of us in Indiana and Arizona a pass.

While the rest of you are setting a zillion clocks forward an hour, we'll just leave our wristwatches, microwaves, ovens, coffeemakers, alarm clocks, car stereos, VCRs, etc., etc. alone. And we won't have to bump back an hour in October.

I can't believe that some moron or another keeps trying to push something thru the legislature to get us on Daylight Saving Time. I'm glad it fails every year.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

One time - a long time ago - when I frequented a Denny's...

In the fall - when the clocks went back... one of the waitresses showed up for work.

Due to the time change - she was 45 minutes early! (She was usually 15 minutes late) She was really upset about that! She had totally forgot about the time change.

hahahahahahaha

Regards,

Jim TX

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Stupid time change. :( Now my 6:00 AM alarm wake-up tomorrow will feel like 5:00.... grrrrr....

Can I move to Arizona? :)

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Move to Indiana instead. Mushroom season is coming soon!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh great... now I loose an hour of sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit