Apostates are to be "HATED"!

by gumby 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    The thing is; the poor choice of words, as in this case, are chosen deliberately to create a chasm between present and former believers, obviously to stop those still in the org from hearing some interesting "truth" and "new Light" from those who left the org or were cast out.

After I made my post, I thought about this too. It's possible, and even likely, that the WTS used such a strong word to plant seeds in the minds of the dubs. Even though they claim they don't mean hate as in inflicting bodily harm, it's apparent from their anti-everything-except-the-WTS standpoint how they really feel about apostates.

• gumby
    gumby
    Even though they claim they don't mean hate as in inflicting bodily harm,

Actually, they have implied that the only reason apostate's aren't "stoned" or put to death, is because laws and times have changed.......meaning that is what apostates are really worthy of.

Gumby

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    "We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as lothsome, odious, filthy, to detest. Surely any haters of God are not fit to live on his beautiful earth."

"For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged"

• blondie
    blondie

Good quotes, all. It only shows how the WTS speak out of both sides of their collective mouth.

Matthew

5:43-48 ***

"YOU heard that it was said, ?You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.? 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU ; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

Where is the snippet or quote from the citation Matthew 5:44 in Gumby?s WT quote? Otherwise once again the WT is teaching people how to be Christians from the OT rather than the NT.

How does the WTS apply that scripture in regard to hating others?

What about "hate what is bad"?

w91

11/1 p. 4 Is Vengeance Wrong?

True, the Bible says: "Hate what is bad." (Psalm 97:10; Amos 5:15) But it does not tell us to hate the one doing the bad . In fact, Jesus commanded us: "Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those persecuting you." (Matthew 5:44) If we repay injury for injury, we copy the spirit of the wrongdoer. The ancient proverb says: "Do not say: ?I will pay back evil!? Hope in Jehovah, and he will save you." (Proverbs 20:22) What a wise attitude! How much better to show ourselves the winners by resisting the temptation to imitate wrongdoers.?John 16:33; Romans 12:17, 21.

w91

4/1 p. 17 Mankind?s Search for God ***

The book

then raises the logical question. "Is it reasonable to assume that the religion imposed at one?s birth is necessarily the whole truth?" Thus, every person is encouraged to examine other religions with an open mind . As is stated on page 10 : "Understanding one another?s viewpoint can lead to more meaningful communication and conversation between people of different faiths." It continues : "True, people may strongly disagree about their religious beliefs, but there is no basis for hating a person just because he or she holds a different viewpoint."? Matthew 5:43, 44.

• paulista
    paulista

Peace of God!!!!! I am from Brazil, and this is my first post to this forum. I am really happy and I would like to keep touch with people all over the world!!! About the topic, who are the apostates? people from other religion? even if they believe in the same God Jeohvah and in His son Jesus? in my country JW are generelly proud about their beliefs and nobody has the reason only them. The Master taught us that from fruits we'll know the tree, and pride, hate and brainwash are not good fruits. Forgive-me if my english is not as good as yours, my first language is portuguese and I have never been in other land. Peace of God!!!!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Paulista, welcome to our happy forum! Here you will be given an education on all the things the Watchtower Society never told you about! Feel free to share anything that feels comfortable for you and know that you will grow amazingly here!

Shotgun, LOL! Yeah, I'm 25! I guess I'm just so used to being talked to her that way that I don't even notice it anymore.........but, to give her credit, she has stood by me through all of this.......she still talks to me, whereas my sister won't........she thinks I'm demonized! LOL! Another label that the bible thumpers like to bandy about.........yeah, if I get the chance I'll certainly mention that......I've made her aware of the abuse that goes on........every chance I get to slip something in, I do. Some days, she has to listen to me when I get on a rant, so, if she says stuff like the above now and then, I get my own back on her in my own time! My mom is not the most "stable" individual..........depending on her mood and emotional temper on any given day............it's too funny now that I think about it..........my sister and I were the ones who were the "strong" ones back when we were young........we went to the Hall without my mom many many many times........in fact, mom was the last of us to be baptized, since she had a tough time quitting smoking and had other "issues" with them..........

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit