Ever kick the elders off your porch?

by MicStroz 13 Replies latest jw friends

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

I just did! As some of you may know, my wife just left the org a few months ago. I think they are

trying to reach her. It was her ex-PO and ex-book study conductor. I wouldn't let them in the door

and I didn't want to sit and chat. 27 years of living as a Jw, I know how to play the game......

Just going to keep them in the dark.

• acsot
    acsot

It's a dream I hope to fulfill one day .

• sf
    sf

Ever kick the elders off your porch?

Well, as soon as they are made Aware! that my heart condition is not what they were expecting, they exit themselves.

I ran them out of the neighborhood a couple of years ago. Yet found that engaging them is much more fun!

It also depends on my mood, if in fact, I do decide to engage them.

sKally

• blondie
    blondie

We have shut the door in the face of one. It was weird to be on the other side of the door and see how JWs are deaf to your saying, "no, I'm busy."

Blondie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Way to go McStroz.

Never had the privelage myself. My address is in the Do Not Call column in red ink.

I did have one oddball jw call at my door, on a weekday afternoon about 5:00 pm. I sure he wasn't out in an organized group, but I've seen him in the past strolling in Mall parking lots, waving people down and trying to give them the life saving literature.

Anyways he rang the bell, and when he saw me at the front door, he immediately stiffened up, then turned and practically ran down the sidewalk, while he mumbled I'm sure you don't want to hear what I've got to say. He left so fast, he stumbled and almost fell flat on his face. I shouted after him "Nice to see you too Barry". CJ and I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Thing is, you think he would have know better, judging by the sticker on my front door !

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Had two sisters come to the door right after I stopped going. One of which who was to intimidated to go out in service with me in the first place. (long story). Anyways they came by to talk and "encourage me since i was depressed." I got so angry and told them to leave instantly. They were confused and didnt come back, they did however send 2 elders the following weekend.

I did talk to the elders. They ended up being 2 faced anyways. They had made arrangements for another meeting.

I skipped town and havent looked back!

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Two sisters came to my door after "missing me" for a few months - I stepped out into the driveway which baffled them, as I'm sure they were expecting to come in and use my bathroom and count as much time as they could - they were babbling on and got to the - "JOY is the first thing to go" comment, to which I replied, "Spirituality is a personal thing and unique to each one and if more people realized this, it would be a much better world". They were stunned, looked at each other, and knew it was time to make their way down the driveway - mumbling to each other along the way.

No one has been back since and that was a little more than a year ago. Word spread apparently - even when my JW father shortly thereafter committed suicide, no one called, came by or sent cards. These two sisters included. Hmmm.....

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Elders?

Bring 'em on! My avatar says it all.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELL, YEAH, ACTUALLY I REALLY DID.

IT WAS SHORTLY AFTER ALL THE TURMOIL OVER MY DAUGHTERS MOLESTATION AND HOW THEY DID NOTHING. I WAS PISSED OFF AT THE ELDERS AND TOLD THEM WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT THEM AND THE GOV.BODY ETC. GOT DF'D FOR MY EFFORT.

TOOK A TRIP OUT OF STATE TO MY DAUGHTERS HOME. ON A SATURDAY I WAS HOME ALONE AND THERE WAS A KNOCK AT THE DOOR. SAW THE CAR AND KNEW IT WAS JW'S.

THIS JW STARTED TO PREACH AND I INTERRUPTED HIM. FOUND OUT HE WAS AN ELDER AND DUMPED ON HIM. TOLD HIM TO LEAVE AND HE HESITATED. SO I CAME OUT ON THE PORCH AND HE HEADED FOR THE STEPS. I COULDN'T RESIST. HIS ASS WAS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME. SO I LANDED ONE ON HIS REAR.

HE SAID NOTHING AND WALKED RAPIDLY TO THE CAR.

THE NEXT DAY THE CAR WAS BACK. TWO LADIES CAME TO THE DOOR. ONE WAS AN OLD CRIPPLE LADY AND THE OTHER WAS A YOUNG VERY SMALL "MIDGET"? LADY.

I COULDN'T STOP THINKING, THAT CHICKEN SHIT JERK, SENT A MIDGET AND A CRIPPLE TO TALK TO ME. HE WAS AFRAID TO TRY AGAIN.

THEY ASKED MY NAME AND WAS I DF'D AND WHERE WAS I FROM. I HAD STARTED LAUGHING AND SLOWLY CLOSED THE DOOR.

Outoftheorg

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

I am ashamed of this one !

Many years ago I was assigned a family who had gone cold. I repeatedly tried to get hold of them on wednesay evenings, saturday and sunday mornings etc. One day while on street witnessing I saw them and before they could escape I gave them a magazine. A study ensued. He returned and also became an elder. That was about 1987.

I left the borg in 1994 and about 1995 he tried to repay the favour, harrasing me almost into insanity.

Boy did I feel stupid...the pupil returned to teach the master. Unfortunately I did'nt reciprocate. LOL

Nadsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit