Corporate stupidity

by Simon 1 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon

How dumb are some companies?

Imagine the scene ... you are going to put up a building and you have to decide how to label the floors. Now, the logical and sensible thing to do would be to use the method that the rest of the world does and use numbers (ignore for a moment the US / UK discrepency with 1st & ground floor).

What does this company do? It calls them "G" for Ground and "F" for First. Super. Everything works well.

Later, they build a new building with 3 floors.

Now they add "S" for "Second" (can you see where this is going yet?

Business grows and so does the site. Another building goes up higher than the last.

"T" for Third is born.

And then the next building ... oh dear, they really should have thought ahead.

"F" for Fourth is not an option (remember "F" for First?). So, we have "H" for erm, "Highest". Doh!

Finally, a shiny new office building is built and still, the madness continues.

"H" for Highest is still there even though it isn't the highest anymore and we have "P" for Penthouse.

Doh!

• link
    link

I once lived in an emerging third world country where the new local Air Force was being trained to fly some light aircraft. Following a crash one pilot was asked why he was trying to fly the aeroplane with no fuel in the tank.

"Impossible", he said, "there must have been fuel. The needle was on ‘E’ when I checked the gauge and I know that the ‘E’ stands for Enough and the ‘F’ for finished"!

link

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit