JUSTICE #10 - What you say will be Twisted

by Amazing 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

A lawyer once told me, "EVERYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE TWISTED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW."

A situation came up that recalled yet another act of JW Justice. Another person commented to me regarding the above, "No doubt this little axiom more than applies in judicial committee meetings too." I agree and can add: With a JW Judicial Committee, ‘everything you say, everything you don't say, every eye and facial gesture you make or fail to make, every body mannerism you show or fail to show, everything rumored about you --- whether true or not true, and every whim and notion that comes up in the Elders minds --- whether drawn from WTS literature or their own conjecture --- can and will be twisted against you to your total detriment in the worst possible way, in the worst possible time, and with the worst possible consequences. - Amazing's Law, (Amplified Version of Murphy's Law for Jehovah's Witnesses.)

CASE EXAMPLE: While some of my Justice Series showed this to be the case, I will give the account of a most painful situation for a brother:

This JW brother hated child molesters. His own parenting, in this regard, was a stellar success in improving the home life for his children. The JW Elders well knew of his disgust of child molesters. They did not like it when he reported a JW man in his congregation to the authorities.

When he resigned his position in the congregation, which he did in July, the Elders withheld the announcement until November. They then announced his 'deletion' (not resignation) the night that they gave one of those special talks on how bad 'child molesting' is. The brother who was actually guilty of molestation was only privately reproved.

So, some naturally connected the name of the innocent brother, being announced as 'deleted', to the talk given about this evil deed of child molesting. This was the worst possible thing they could have ever done to the innocent JW brother. No one will ever know how deeply this cut the brother. The innocent JW brother is no longer a JW, but is viewed as an apostate. His name being further sullied with this terrible deed for which he never committed. The guilty JW brother is still in the congregation, doing who knows what to little children.

JW justice is not justice. It is not even misapplied justice, but rather, total injustice. JW Judicial Committees are not judicious in any sense of the word, nor are they even anything remote to good jurisprudence, fairness, equitable, reasonable, or legal in the normal sense of the word. Rather, JW Justice is not from above, but from below and best characterized in the Bible at James 3:14-16, "But if you have bitter jealousy and faction in your heart, glory not and lie not against the truth. This wisdom is not a wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where jealousy and faction are, there is confusion and every vile deed."

Rather, God's justice and wisdom is stated at James 3:17-18, "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without variance, without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for them that make peace."

Did the JW Elders make this announcement deliberately coincide with the innocent JW brother's deletion? Well, holding such an announcement for 4 months suggests something is not right. The Elders were also buddies with the JW man who is the guilty molester, and have shielded him for at least ten years previous to this event from facing more serious discipline, including never reporting him to the authorities.

Also, the Elders were starting an investigation into apostasy of yet another JW brother which brought up the name of the innocent JW brother in those proceedings, though the innocent JW brother had done nothing to merit being connected with apostasy. So, while it cannot be stated for sure if the delayed announcement was done deliberately to hurt the innocent brother, it certainly worked out that way. Certainly, the evidence suggests that the convenience was too well timed to be just an accident.

The Twisting? In this case the innocent JW brother said or did nothing to really provoke being connected to this horrible talk about molesters. Yet, because JWs are trained to take note of these “special talks” in connection with “announcements made about people,” that the truth can be twisted, manipulated, and spun in so many ways, that it is hard to tell if anything said by the JW Elders is worth listening to.

While we pray for those in the Watch Tower religion to see the love of God, we can only hope that one day the JWs will be freed from their own vicious Judicial system, and rejoice in the mercies, gentleness, and love of God. – Amazing

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Amazing,

Gee, where is Perry Mason when you need him?

• DB
    DB

Amazing, another good post. However, as a guy who sat on a few committees myself, I think we really did try to effect justice, at least to some degree. The case you mention here, however, may indeed illustrate that elders often mis handle matters, and that sometimes, with the org's way of having talks given around the time certain announcements are made, false impressions can be created. Truly sad.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi DB: I agree with you good point about JW Elders trying to effect justice and be fair. Some JC's, more so in the past, would bend over backwards to help some, but in other cases, were quick to DF. In my Purpose statement of the Justice Series, I did discuss this somewhat, so that everyone reading would understanding that the objective is not to point fingers at the JW Elders, as much as to understand that the WTS system is most limited, often incompetant, and can lead to harm of its most vulnerable members. Thanks for bringing the issue of Elders trying to be fair back into focus. - Amazing

• esther
    esther

Amazing, you say

A lawyer once told me, "EVERYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE TWISTED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW."

I know that this is unfortunately true.

However, in a court of law accused ones have a chance to defend themselves, with representation.

DB, you say

However, as a guy who sat on a few committees myself, I think we really did try to effect justice, at least to some degree.
    While I agree that there are elders who do try, personal feelings affect judgement. Until the elders are able to stop putting the welfare of the organization above the welfare of people, there will be no true justice.

esther

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Esther:

Until the elders are able to stop putting the welfare of the organization above the welfare of people, there will be no true justice.

I agree. Elders can never really do that, however, beyond the constraints of the organization. Even a JW Elder who does not agree with the WTS and knows it to be false can only effect marginal improvement. The JW system was never about justice, God, or Christianity. It has always been of the organization, by the organization, and for the organization. - Amazing

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• clarity
    clarity

Londo111 thank you so much for all these

amazing Amazing posts! Very revealing &

and gives us all a heads up to what wt is all about!

clarity

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Resigning in July, held over until they announce in Nov that this bro is now deleted, partnered with a "Special Needs" talk on child molestation, was cruel.

JW's would of course think the Elder's were warning the congo about this truly innocent brother.

I keep telling myself, this is just a Big Boys Club for a man made up religion, but still, to intentionally cause another deliberate harm!

So sad. So wrong.

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit