Scriptural Support Fo Disfellowshipping?

by sandy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sandy
    sandy

For those of you Disfellowshipped, why did the elders arrive at that conclusion?

Did any of you just say to the elders I am not sorry for what I did and I am going to keep doing it?

Basically who gives them the right to say we do not believe you are truly sorry therefore you are disfellowshipped?

What scriptures are used to support the Elder Arrangement.

• sandy
    sandy

I'm assuming that you are not a practicer of sin............(well, maybe, but what the hell - none of my business, eh?)

Well, I guess in according to the bible and the WTBS I am a sinner.

• minimus
    minimus

Does "the Bible contradict itself"?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

To anyone who says there is scriptural precedence for disfellowshiping, I would have to ask for the scriptural support for the Watchtower's re-instatement proceedure.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Sandy,

I am df'd.........yes, I said I was sorry. I told them the reason I didn't tell them what happened earlier was because I was embarassed. When they asked if I told Jehovah I was sorry, I said of course I did.

Then I explained that when you pray to Jehovah, you don't see his eyes. You don't see the look of disappointment in his eyes......you can hide in his hand and cry. I said that when talking to the elders you have to see their face. One elder said, "When you look at the elders you are seeing the face of Jehovah."

I knew I was done with the religion then........... I hung on for a while but that comment made me reel.

Did they hear what I said, NO............ they made a decision based on their own thoughts. I was so upset.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit