Lies, all lies!!!

by LittleToe 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toreador
    toreador

Hello Leolaia,

I was just curious, and if you dont mind telling. Did those booger heads at the KH ever disfellowship you or did they just run away with their tail between their legs? As for me I am hoping to fade away but I think they got my number so it may not work.

Toreador

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Mulan....Here is one example. Can someone with the WT CD-ROM help find the original text? There was a 1990 article on Irenaeus that claimed that he did not believe Jesus to be God and quoted him as distinguishing clearly between God and Jesus, where he said that there was "one God, the Father Almighty, who made the heaven and the earth and the seas, and all that is in them, and one Christ Jesus, the Son of God, who was made flesh for our salvation". That seems pretty clear, doesn't it? Except the WT was quoting two-thirds of a triadic formula which a few sentences later declared Jesus to be God! Here is the full quote:

"Now the Church, although scattered over the whole civilized world to the ends of the earth, received from the apostles and their disciples its faith in one God, the Father Almighty, who made the heaven, and the earth, and the seas, and all that is in them, and in one Christ Jesus, the Son of God, who was made flesh for our salvation, and in the Holy Spirit, who through the prophets proclaimed the dispensations of God--the comings, the birth of a virgin, the suffering, the resurrection from the dead, and the bodily reception into the heavens of the beloved, Christ Jesus our Lord, and his coming from the heavens in the glory of the Father to restore all things, and to raise up all flesh, that is, the whole human race, so that every knee may bow, of things in heaven and on earth and under the earth, to Christ Jesus our Lord and God and Savior and King, according to the pleasure of the invisible Father, and every tongue may confess him, and that he may execute righteous judgment on all." (Irenaeus, Adversus Haereses, 1.10.1; the italicized words are quoted in the 1990 WT)

Neither was Irenaeus unclear as to the deity of Christ in other passages:

"God became man, and it was the Lord himself who saved us." (Adversus Haereses, 3.21.1)
    "How can they be saved unless he was God who wrought their salvation on earth? And how shall man pass to God unless God has passed into man (pos anthropos khoresei eis theon ei me ho theos ekhorethe eis anthropon)." (Adversus Haereses, 4.33.4)
    "Therefore the Father is Lord, and the Son is Lord, and the Father is God and the Son is God; for he who is born from God is God. And thus God (i.e. the Godhead) is shown to be one according to the essence of His being and power; but at the same time, as the administrator of the economy of our redemption, he is both Father and Son: since the Father of all is invisible and inaccessible to creatures, it is through the Son that those who are to approach God must have access to the Father." (Proof of the Apostolic Preaching, 47)

Can someone also post what the Trinity broshure claims that Irenaeus believed? It should make for an interesting comparison.

• aniron
    aniron

The Reachout Trust produce a similar one for £3

http://reachouttrust.org

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I faded. I was never baptised and so they can't disfellowship me. And I never tendered my resignation as a witness. I simply moved to a different locale, and when the witnesses from the local cong came to my door to welcome me to their cong, I told them they must've gotten the wrong address! And I never heard from them again.

• toreador
    toreador

Smooth! You lucky dog! Why didnt I figure it out a long time ago!

Toreador

• Flash
    Flash
    ...while people mindlessly repeated one distortion after another.

This always made me crazy at any meeting. No thought or question just parroting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit