windows

by RFrank 15 Replies latest jw friends

• RFrank
    RFrank

Why are there no windows in Jehovah's Witness meeting places? This is an honest question. I do not know and was wondering. Any information appreciated. God Blesds RFrank

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It is much more inexpensive to build a structure with no windows.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yes, it is true, building a KH without windows is much less expensive, however, the KH I attended with my family from birth until I was 9yo in National City, CA, did have windows that lookded out on the parking lot. Also, the old Claydell KH in El Cajon, CA had windows up until they remodeled it in recent years. It has been my experience that most KH do not have windows.

Anyone else's Kingdom Hall have windows to let in the "new light"?

• Satanus
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Also, the old Claydell KH in El Cajon, CA had windows up until they remodeled it in recent years

That's bizzar! They actually went through the expense to REMOVE the windows?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Growing up as a jw, our king hall windows used to get broken. Getting rid of windows seemed to be a reaction to that. It could also be because windows allowed some distraction during the meetings. Getting rid of them was a refinment of the indoctrination process.

SS

• Stefanie
  • Joker10
    Joker10

There is a Kingdom Hall with a large window hign n front of the building close to where I live. Some Halls do have windows.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Had trouble posting

The hall I went to had windows. I hated sitting next to them because I was afraid someone would drive by and do something bad.

It also provided a distraction for me. During the metting I would look out the window and daydream about being in a band.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Stephanie

Yeah, it's true. When i was really young, i used to look stare out the windows. They were almost hypnotic, compared to painful boredom of the talks.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit