Sex abuse forum

by Phil 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Valis
    Valis

Well blondie...I don't recall Mr. Bowen ever coming to terms and dealing with us as a group. Never apologized for saying dumbass things about Ray Franz, or being even big enough to converse with us longer than two or three posts. It is great he is doing his thing and those who want to help him. I also think you are mixing purposes unnecessarily. Our gatherings serve the same usefull purpose as a "summit" of um Jehovah's Witnesses? *cough* talking about child abuse. Luke 9:49 is something Mr. Bowen has neglected by far...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

Valis, I never said stop apostafests or that they aren't useful. I just said this is another way to use our energies to help those who have been hurt by the Watchtower's policies. It doesn't have to be either/or; it can be and/and.

I don't want to redirect attention to the personality conflicts. I'm part of this group and have been for a long time. If it took it personally every time someone had a disagreement with someone else on the DB, or felt I had to agree with every one who posts on here to be participant, I would have been gone long ago. I'm sure you feel the same way. JWD is not monolithic in its approach to issues or topics. That is why I like it. Everybody can have a viewpoint and I don't have to agree with it to continue to post here. I'm not even obligated to "change" it. Just respectfully post my own feelings.

I live in a state that is considering changing the laws to make clergy required to report abuse to the secular authorities. SL and Linkup and SNAP are organized to inform us about this and what we can do as individuals to contact those politicians representing our area. Wonder if you as an ex-JW should get involved in politics? Here's a way.

Yes, there are many ways. As a long-time poster here, I feel that the resources and opportunities offered through Silentlambs may have been neglected. I'm not sure how Luke 9:49 applies and I don't want to guess. I feel that things are at a turning point. SL has reached out to expand and strengthen its opportunities by joining forces with Linkup and SNAP. Maybe before this some wondered what they could do. I'm just presenting some opportunities.

http://www.thelinkup.org/

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

www.silentlambs.org

Blondie

• Valis
    Valis

ah blondie...thanks for your thoughtful reply as always. And ya about taking things personal...IF I did every time then I would be a basket case. Unfortunately, some things go unresolved and still don't sit right. Just me I guess...AND about Luke 9:49...it is just that silly passage about some guy casting out demons but he got shunned by the apostles, who in return got sassed by Jebus for doing so...one just hopes the guy casting out demons remembers it is a two way street.

BTW, I wished Texas would just enact a law that says we could commence w/the hangings for pedophiles and those that would help protect them...

Have a good day.

Sincerely,

District overbeer

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

It was picked up and distributed by the Associated Press. The Washington Post ran the article on Sunday March 28, 2004.

• Big Tex
  • sf
    sf
    SL and Linkup and SNAP are organized to inform us about this and what we can do as individuals to contact those politicians representing our area.

As is the main focus here and as I've done just this morning locally and regionally through emails and phone contacts.

I feel that things are at a turning point. SL has reached out to expand and strengthen its opportunities by joining forces with Linkup and SNAP.

Indeed it would appear so, as these two groups are major players in this field. {{ go team! }}

I'm just presenting some opportunities.

Duly noted and appreciated.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit