Beware the voice of strangers...

by flower 21 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

I havent really been keeping up with the latest garbage being spewed forth from the WTS to its members, but stumbled on this little gem from http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bewarethevoiceofstrangers.htm . I'm sure this has been mentioned before and I missed it but I enjoyed this talk. This is one of the best talks I've ever seen. lol. Some of my favorite parts..you gotta read the whole thing though.

So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, " Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!" Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels .

Another area where we need to exercise extreme caution is in what we hear in news reports and documentaries. Now, we've touched on documentaries before, where they are promoted by the apostates, and they are becoming more and more prevalent; it's obvious. But sometimes things are presented as truth in the media, but they're not truth, or at least they're not the whole truth, and they're not presented by apostates, and the apostates have no connection with them. Maybe it's just an overzealous reporter trying to make a name for himself and added to that he doesn't like Jehovah's Witnesses, and so he goes out and he spreads lies about them.

Seems to me like they are scared and trying hard to keep control of the minds of those still in. Tightening their grip. But in the immortal words of Princess Leah, 'the more you tighten your grip the more people will slip through your fingers'. Give it up Watchtower, your days are numbered .

• Sassy
    Sassy

yeah.. it is more of the obvious "keep their blinders and ear plugs on".... that way if the truth is right there in their face.........EVEN the ANGEL of JEHOVAH, they will not listen too..

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

I was at the sydney convention and heard that talk, it was given by a member of the GB. It made my stomach turn. I could see behind it all.

When they go witnessing and try to convert others, aren't they asking the householders to "listen to the voice of strangers" ??????

When family members complain that their loved ones are becoming JW's, aren't the family members telling their loved ones not to "listen to the voice of strangers" ???

What they really are saying, is "listen to noone but us"

regards rick

• talesin
    talesin

Wow, when I started reading the 'talk', I could hear the measured pace of the voice, the pauses (for emphasis *lol*), the echoing of the sound system. Thought I had buried the memories of those conventions after all these years.

How about this, in reference to the documentaries?

19:35] Something we want to keep in mind, friends, is that we don't want to be personally refuting these untruths unless Jehovah's Organization assigns us to do that publicly. Now when we talk to people in our ministry and elsewhere and they bring up points about what they have heard or read, sure, then we can present the truth to them. But we don't want to be doing that publicly, because that very often just leads to worse reports about us.

Don't tell the truth publicly, the news media might report it, and the WTBTS would be unable to put their own, special *spin* on it. Then our true beliefs (ie. dirty laundry) may get aired in public.

Thanks for the link. I had forgotten how controlling those talks were. All I remembered was the boredom.

tal

• Mac
    Mac

The chicken was good though.......right????????

mac, of the liked the pie too class

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I heard this talk at the assembly last summer. I ask my JW hubby if it was true that the media is spreading lies about the WTS why with all the lawyers that they have, why doesn't the WTS sue the media for slander. He couldn't answer me.

Hapgood

• AGuest
    AGuest
    'the more you tighten your grip the more people will slip through your fingers'.

Absolutely, and so it was before with Israel. This very thing, "tightening the grip," caused 10 of the 12 tribes to revolt again Rehoboam... resulting in the division of the nation into the "Jews" (the 2-tribe kingdom of Judah and Benjamin, "Judah", under the rule of Rehoboam)... and the "Samaritans" (the 10-tribe kingdom of "Israel," under the rule of Jeroboam).

Later known as "Oholah" and "Oholibah"... sister harlots who had rejected JAH as their "husbandly owner,"... neither ended up with God's favor.

1 Kings 12:12-11

Give it up Watchtower, your days are numbered.

Mene... mene... tekel... and parsin. Indeed.

Daniel 5:25-28

Peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Mary
    Mary

I asked my sister if she believed the reports on TV about the problems the Catholic Church is having with their pedophile priests. She said 'yes, absolutely'. So I then asked why she has such a hard time believing that the same problem exists within the Organization? When the scandal from the Catholic Church broke, she never said "well there HAS to be more to it than that!" She believed it 100%. Yet when the scandal at Borgland broke, suddenly Satan was behind it and "there HAS to be more to it than that!"

Funny how the Borg never accused Dateline of being controlled by Satan de Debbil before this scandal broke eh?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Maybe it was a different talk, what I remembered was they tied anyone who believes the apostates with the way Eve was deceived, and I felt they were ridiculing me, in a way. I was hoping they would actually address a thing or two that was being said about them, but they didn't. I wanted to hear them break it down for me, but I guess they couldn't.

'the more you tighten your grip the more people will slip through your fingers'

That's so true.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Good point Rick!!!

I laughed when I read your point, but it is very true. They want the householder to "listen to us" and we aren't angels!!!

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit