CNN - "Prosecutors in Russia state JWs destroy families and foster hatred"

by lilacs4everr 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

BBC News UK Edition had this comment on the Moscow ban: "The court ruled that group's practices broke up families, encouraged suicide and threatened its members' health by not allowing blood transfusions." Since there are about 12,000 Witnesses there, the law must have dealt with some of these issues before to make such a drastic move of banning them. I suppose if the ban sticks the Witnesses will just go underground again; they did in the past and that didn't eliminate them. So, while it will make it harder on them to proselytize, I don't expect them to disappear.

• blueyes
  • talesin
    talesin

ahh, sorry sKally, thought you meant the piece posted here .... my mistake.

I posted a comment at the National Post's website, but it has not showed up yet. They do an editorial check first, so maybe it won't get there till Monday.

tal

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    BBC News UK Edition had this comment on the Moscow ban: "The court ruled that group's practices broke up families, encouraged suicide and threatened its members' health by not allowing blood transfusions."

You wouldn't need to be a rocket scientist to have figured that out, but it's good to see it getting some airplay.

I wonder if anyone takes any notice?

• anglise
    anglise

All I can say is WELL DONE RUSSIA.

This isnt about civil liberties or freedom, this is about a country trying to protect its people.

I hope this ruling is upheld when it goes to appeal.

If the Russian (or any authorities) want to see the real ramifications of what being a JW really are they should read this board. The heartbreak is here for all to see. I am sure that most here would be more than willing to tell their experiences to those charged with these legal decisions.

If only this could stop the spread of this evil group. I wish that 20 years ago the UK would have been willing and or able to do the same.

Anglise

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Right now it's religious persecution, fulfilment of bible prophecy. If they eventually win, then it's Jehovah's blessing.

Note to Bethel. A suggestion for ya guys. This is costing a lot of money, and it's bad publicity, especially coming on the heels of the published UN letter, and the more recent Silentlambs rallys. This could take forever until Armegeddon, to resolve.

Here's what you need to do. You already have experience in talking out of both sides of your mouth, ie the UN thing. In Moscow things work a little differently, but money talks. You know this as well. You could save yourselves a whole lot of trouble, by simply bribing the officials, who are in control. This would of course mean dealing with the Russian Mafia, but seeing you've already bedded the religious harlot, it should be no big deal.

The good thing about this deal, is it will never be made public, and there will be absolutely no documentation, to come back and bite you in the ass.

P.S. If you use my suggestion, could you deed me a piece of the Georgetown property. Land prices in southern Ontario are going through the roof, and I could make a killing down there. Or even a building or 2 in Brooklyn would be OK, even though I hate Brooklyn.

Respectfully yours and with Pure Christian Love, your brother in arms Tony Soprano.

edited to remove all the Jersey slang and "F" words

• Panda
    Panda

LOL --- ohhhh that's a good one xjw_b12. Yes Tony Soprano is the new consulieri (sp) to the WTBTS... wonderful. Wow I wish dubs watched the news as much as x-dubs. But even if they did they wouldn't believe the liars on tv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit