My brother is a JW, and I love him.

by earpick18 13 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, earpick. Welcome !

Check out this website http://www.silentlambs.org

Many folks are leaving the JW org because of their protection of child molesters. This website will give you the facts, which have been suppressed for FAR too long.

This may influence your brother, as it is not so much doctrinal, but a moral and ethical issue.

I hope this helps.

Good luck, you are doing the right thing. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, but your brother is lucky to have you on his side. {{{{hugs}}}}

talesin

• earpick18
    earpick18

Thanks for the input guys. The more research I do, the more I realize that this is going to very complicated and will take a long time. But I think the hardest part about it is beginning - I'm so afraid I am going to say the wrong thing. I don't want him to figure out what I'm up to at first. I think I will first mention that I saw an article in the paper about the UN scandal. If I just start talking about the bible he's going to know what's up since I don't usually talk about stuff like that. But he knows I keep up on current events, so I think that might be a good place to start. any advice?

• talesin
    talesin

earpick

Go to this link http://www.google.com

type in "Jehovah's Witnesses" (make sure you use the " , then press enter)

click on "News" on the tool bar - voila, all the latest news items

tal

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

You be very careful about saying negative things about the Watchtower Society to your brother. This is just what the Organization will use against those who try to reach out to the JW, by claiming persecution of the "Truth". Ever see a movie called, Alien? This creature attaches itself to the victim?s face and wraps its tail around the victim?s neck. As the doctor tries to pull the tail away from the neck, the tail just tightens even more.

Just be very careful how you go about ?pulling the tail?, as it were. Try to keep it generic. I like your idea about mentioning JW?s making the news with the UN. That?s good I think. You have to be crafty like a fox but remain innocent like a dove, or the ?tail? will tighten. He?s gonna be bombarded several times a week by Watchtower ideology. So, keep in mind it will be hard for him to hear your ?voice?. You could just try not mentioning anything about his religion and see how that goes. But then you?ll probably blame yourself for not trying to do something. In all actuality though, sadly, there is very little you can do. Becoming a JW is a bit like getting to close to a whirlpool. The pull inward starts gradually in beginning, but very soon the force of it overwhelms and the victim is pulled completely in. And very often there is little to do to save them.

I wish I could be more encouraging but my experience (and that of many others that I have seen in very similar situations) tells me that the odds are against you if you are planning on getting your brother out of the group. Just let him know how much you love him and by all means let him know about your successes in life. JW?s don?t like to think that other?s besides them are successful life or are truly happy. They ?want? to think that they are the only truly happy successful people on the earth. So, use this to your advantage. If you believe God has blessed you in some way, then share that with him. If he suggests to you that that wasn?t God, don?t argue. Just smile and say you believe it was and give him another example of His provision(s). But don?t do it in an argumentative way. Just state the facts, as you believe them to be.

Good luck.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit