Hi, I'm new here!

by SWALKER 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Swalker!

I really appreciated your first post, the honesty was so genuine.

My doubts began almost 2 years ago when I saw the Dateline Special about the pedophile problem in the WTBS. I was raised in the truth(tm)....I only saw the last 10 minutes of the program, but it sure made the WTBS a huge hypocrite when they always knocked the Catholic Church for the same problem. I sat there thinking: How can I go in service now and hold my head up high? I couldn't. My rose colored glasses began to fall off! The real light began to get brighter!

The recent UN letter that you can access of the UN site was also an eye opener. Like you, me and Mr. CB are shaking our heads.

You will find this a great place for yourself as we have, if you ever have an opportunity to meet some of the posters, please do...

I look forward to more of your posts!

Codeblue

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on shaking loose from the stranglehold of that corporation posing as a religious group who cares, the Watchtower Society.

(Trying not to sound like the ministry school overseer....) we look forward to your next post!

• Panda
    Panda

Welcome SWALKER. Glad you are here and I look forward to your postings.

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

Welcome SWALKER! I was looking for a way to introduce this site to my many JW relatives and I think your post was so well written and honest it just might be the very thing that will cause the WTS wall to crack and crumble in their eyes (fingers crossed) Even a flicker of doubt would be a milestone! Thanks again and enjoy this site! Astro_Girl

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome Swalker! Maverick

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A great big G'day to you, SWALKER and a warm welcome aboard from your new friends downunder.

Enjoy your time here.

Cheers, Ozzie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wotcha! Swalker!!! So happy to hear you escaped with some of the family( many of us didnt get that chance)

Lovely to see you here. ( Board)!!! It has helped me immensly-even though I was "kicked out "of the Kingdom -because I didnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914.. I had to endure it alone-as there were no things like this to my knowledge ( 1987)

But It is a wonderful to have you join us!!!It brings a tear to my eyes- to know the heartache you must have suffered as we all did-on finding out we were following a "wolf in sheeps clothing" ((((HUG

• flower
    flower

Wow I wish it was that easy to get out for every family. Its great to hear experiences from people who were able to share what they were learning about the 'troof' and have their relatives use their own brains instead of allowing their cult brain click in.

Congratulations! and Welcome!

• smack
    smack

G'day swalker.

Steve

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hello and welcome Swalker. Glad to have you here.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit