Do Jehovah's Witnesses harbour pedophiliacs?

by yxl1 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nocturne
    Nocturne
    Just found this article during lunch. Must say, that the arguments this site uses to refute the paedophile scandle are so weak, I wonder why they bothered. Lets hope that this is NOT the opinion of the average jehovahs dimwit.

I'm afraid it might be. For example, a few weeks ago when I was in the yahoo chatrooms, they were discussing the child abuse scandal in the wts. An inactive witness IM'd me and ask if these accusations were true. I went on to explain that to deal with child abuse cases, the society still applies the two witness principle. I told her that if the accused denied the charges and it was only the word of the child against the word of the accused, that they applied the principle to that cicumstance. Finally, I said that the elders called the society's legal dept. and that if the law didn't require them to report to the police any accusations made of child abuse, that the people in legal told them to "leave it to Jehovah".

And this was her answer: "well then i guess it makes sense"

This was just one case though, so I don't want to be making generalizations.

Nocturne

• Scully
    Scully

The Watchtower of March 15 1996 page 15 gives meaningful advice:
    Loyalty to Jehovah God will also keep us from doing anything that would bring reproach upon his name and Kingdom. For example, two Christians once got into such difficulty with each other that they improperly resorted to a worldly law court. The judge asked, ?Are both of you Jehovah?s Witnesses?? Evidently he could not understand what they were doing in court. What a reproach that was! Loyalty to Jehovah God would have caused those brothers to heed the counsel of the apostle Paul: "Really, then, it means altogether a defeat for you that you are having lawsuits with one another. Why do you not rather let yourselves be wronged? Why do you not rather let yourselves be defrauded?" (1 Corinthians 6:7) Certainly, the course of loyalty to Jehovah God is to suffer personal loss rather than bring reproach upon Jehovah and his organization.

Well isn't that just SOOOOOO comforting to victims of paedophiles: "If you don't shut up and let this Brother? molest your child, there aren't any eyewitnesses to prove that he actually is though, you are being disloyal to Jehovah." Damnitalltohell. This makes me so angry that I could swat Ted Jaracz upside the head with a 2x4 right now.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Along with all kinds of other mentally ill and disturbed people.

Except for the ones that are born into this outfit, the mentally ill and otherwise disturbed individuals seem to be very attracted to their general message of future utopia in a paradise.

DY

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

What a contradiction. For over 120 years the Society preached they were better than everyone else and now they claim they are no better than everyone else.

Devon

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't you get it? The WTS is not responsible for ANY of the JWs.... ALL JWs do whever they do on their own.

The Organization does absolutly NOTHING and serves absolutly NO pupose. It is just there.

However... if a JW questions the Organization... they will be shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit