Making a smooth transition out of the org... is it possible?

by Surfacing 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I think it is possible to leave smoothly, but it depends on one's reasons for leaving. If one "just gets worn out", is isolating oneself, just fades out like that, answers blah-blah-blah-I'll see what I can do etc., then after a while they don't want to waste any more time on you. Every week I was asked by the Service Overseer to join him in the field work, every week something came up, and then the questions came once a month, now every second month etc. If there is a generation change in the congregation, new ones moving in, old friends leaving, people not wanting to leave the JWs can be so much left on their own that they are forgotten and so in fact leave. Having friends, much to do at work - one can slide out smoothly.

But, when it comes to questions, doubts, organizational procedures, legalism, elder arrangement, 607, you name it - no way!

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

I find it interesting that so many who've faded have had such efforts made and visits to try and encourage them back in. I haven't been to a meeting for months, no one's visited me to encourage me. I have mixed feelings bout that. It is a snobby, 'cliquey' congregation anyway, even for regular attenders.

trumangirl

• black adder
    black adder

Me and the wife stopped attending meetings 18 months ago suddenly. Before that we started missing some meetings and then not reporting some months and then came to a decision that what we had learnt was not true. So you can say we did a bit of fading. we had one visit from an elder who was suposed to be a friend and when my wife questioned him about the UN involvement and the peodophile protection programme the borg had running he did not want to talk to us again and had warned others to avoid us. That was 18 months ago and since then not one visit or phone call and life has been great ever since. Just to think I had spent 25 years of my life in a spiritual stupor, pioneered for 13 of those years and an elder for 8 years. "Crisis of Conscience" by Franz changed my life for the good and now I feel free. now I have to try to convince the rest of my family to leave me alone and its very hard. JWD is a great scource of help. Thank you to all my new family on the forum and stick with your decision 'surfing' and dont get bullied by them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit