WT answers to Apostate lies, half truths and deceptions.

by Black Sheep 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS uses the same technique it does in "marking." It gives a general talk and then lets you make the specific application. They won't put anything in black and white.

This technique is used in vilifying movies. They just talk about movies in general with certain content. Except for the infamous, ET is Christ comment, the WTS stays away from condeming specific movies in print. You may find a CO or a DO or a visiting GB member/representative doing so from the platform, but that is it.

The WTS does not want to give the apostates any more specific publicity that necessary. They have never addressed the situation with Ray Franz except to say he left the Bethel family. No mention of his being DF'd.

km 8/80 p. 2 Announcements

This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.

The WTS discourages its members from reading older WTS publications. After I started reading them, I could see why. I found out about the WTS half-truth that they have always taught that Jesus' presence started in 1914....no it was 1874 and was not corrected. until 1943. How many JWs know that it was once taught that the end was coming in 1925 and that Abraham, David, Moses, and other "ancient worthies" were going to be resurrected and rule over the earth from Jerusalem?

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/

The WTS knows that if it gives specifics, JWs will look it up to "make sure." Reading the older publications is enough to give a JW "doubts."

Blondie

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

58. The WTS teaches that the 144,000 of Rev 7:4 and Rev 14:3 is to be taken literally. If these passages in scripture are to be taken literally, then the 144,000 are all literally male (Rev 14:4), Jewish (Rev 7:4-8), virgins (Rev 14:4). Was Charles Taze Russell a Jewish virgin?

Actually, you may not be far off. If you read either Endtime Predictions by Richard Abanes or Blood on the Altar by David. A. Reed (I can't remember which book.) it mentions CTR not consumating his marriage with his wife. Not to mention too that CTR was Jewish. Maybe he's going into heaven afterall!!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

THe vagueness of the warning to avoid "apostate reasoning" is a deliberate fear tactic, when your enemy is kept ether and omnipresent the slightest perceived deviation from the terminology and idiom is sensed as threatening.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    "So Friends, hypothetically, and I repeat hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, "Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!", Yes even if it were one of Jehovah's angels."

Minute 23, Beware Of The Voice Of Strangers, District Convention Of Jehovah's Witnesses, Selkirk, Manitoba, July 12, 2003

Excuse me a minute...

Ahhh darn, can't find a smiley of a face rolling with laughter so...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just listened to that piece of 'Beware Of The Voice Of Strangers' again.

If anyone has any doubts that they are a cult, that should dispell them, they are advised to listen to the pattern of their cult teachings even in the face of an Angel of Jehovah.

How can I ever hope to save my family from that sort of reasoning.

My family members have heard this statement twice, in three different countries. If any of them clicked that their is something wrong with that statement they sure wouldn't tell me about it.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Galatians 1:7-9 (NWT)

But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

This is why Christianity is a cult.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Peacefulpete Props you beat me to it.

Thats why we are all screwed the the 66 books the coucil of St. Hippo ducttaped together to form the bible is a cruel joke. How can God inspire a book that says if God changes his mind (which he does a lot) sends an angel to correct the matter (the supposed means the cannon was transmitted), declares your religion BS (like he did Judaism in the gospel) then it is wrong to follow God (the writer ignored he did the same when he converted to Christianity). You undstand that verse makes the bible celestial propaganda and like all good proganda it is expendable. Able to do an about face, overwrite its preceding eddicts, and is only ment to manipulate people in the here and now.

• boa
    boa

Black Sheep,

I understood your question and I know very few answers to 'apostate' lies, half-truths etc.

Actually, I only recall one right now.

When I first arrived at bethel in late '97, I got my first computer that was hooked up to the internet. I searched around different things and really avoided most of the 'apostate' stuff, however, I do recall some claim by 'apostates' that the WTS had dallied with the Nazis at one of the conventions sites and the swastika flag was still up and some other stuff. The 'apostates' made several claims and, oddly enough, those were 'answered' in an Awake article in 1998. Since I was at bethel, I had access to one of their library's where the older yearbooks were available to confirm or deny some of the 'apostate' claims. I had some q's but didn't get too worried and then 'BAM' just like answering a prayer (lol), the above Awake came out addressing this 'apostate' claim.

The other day I read somewhere that their 'answer' was not completely truthful but you'll have to search that out yourself.

Other than that, I can't remember at this time of any other direct 'apostate' answers by the WTS.

XQsThaiPoes - interesting point about the wts taking 'apostate' ideas and making them 'new light'. Reminds me of the Liberal party here in Canada stealing Alliance party ideas and making them their own thus neutralizing the Alliance party.

boa

btw, one of the other interesting jw-related sites I went to, was one that was kind of like a jw-dictionary for non jws. It seemed to be an actual bro running it and there didn't seem to be any 'apostate' stuff on it, but it did have some interesting comments on beards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit