A question I can not answer

by spiritwalker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Its just that we can't laugh at anything anymore. Everything is PC. You notice that movies today that go against the grain PC wise do very well. Like last years "Bad Santa". It made fun of kids with bad parents, Jews, black midgets, christmas, etc, etc, and it was a hit. So are movies like Kingpin (Amish Bowler) and even Jackass which makes fun of gays, animal activists, South Park, Family guy, and sometimes the Simpsons.

Imagine today of the Honeymooners played. You would have fat people activists saying you can't do fat jokes, you'd have women activists saying Alice can't go to the moon!! thats mistreatment of women!. and you'd have the bus driver union saying your making bus drivers look stupid.

Why can't we laugh anymore?

• sandy
    sandy
    I remember the actor "John Ritter" used to be compared to them. Yeah right! He was nothing and frankly I thought he always came off looking stupid and off tune to what ever these old actors had.

It is just a matter of personal preference. I think John Ritter was hilarious in Three's Company. A good Comedy Show or Comedian will relate to many but not all.

I also love the Three Stooges, I Love Lucy, Mary Tylor Moore Show, Rhoda, Dick Van Dyke Show,

Seinfeld, The Wonder Years, Mash (just recently started liking), Will & Grace,

Early episodes of Roseanne, Cheers,

Kramer (is that the show's name?), Friends (but not always)

• Flash
    Flash
    Did the age old talent die with them?

Yes, we're in a time where class B and C talent and material are the norm.

• SYN
    SYN

You obviously haven't watched Ali G interview Posh and Becks...

• dustyb
    dustyb

jim carrey and jeff daniels from dumb and dumber. they are the modern duo, even though they only made one movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit