when you go out to eat or for a walk do active jw's shout insults or attack

by topanga 35 Replies latest jw friends

• topanga
    topanga

This is a regular thing now, whenever I go into an upscale restaurant a bunch of JW's start shouting insults and bring up things about my past.

Recently I went in to a restaurant i've been dying to try on 14th street and someone on the restaurant staff was telling the other staff members all of my business from the brroklyn heights congregation.

He obviously thought i would give a damn about anything they said. i just relaxed and ignored them.

When i got up to use the ladies room a bunch of the sisters followed me in fortunately the bathroom was way too small for even two people. They are some sorry souls, i guess it was like i thought we killed her whats she doing in here?

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

That's crazy! Have you considered threatening to call the cops on them for harassment? I'd be tempted to just hit them with pepper spray, but you've probably got the right idea, just let them holler and make themselves look like idiots.

• myself
    myself

They aren't as agressive here. They usually just try to act like they don't see you while they are secretly hoping that you didn't see them.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Where do you go to eat at the bethel cafeteria?

How can there be that many JW's at the restaurants where you go, unless its Tim Hortons on a Saturday morning.

• flower
    flower

no that has never happened to me. shunning is the normal behavior in a situation where one has left the 'truth'. it is highly unusual in my opinion for jws to publicly shout insults or attack an ex witness in public. you are doing the right thing by just ignoring them and leaving them to look like the idiots they are.

flower

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

They know better than to do that to me. I am not hesitant about getting in their faces.

The wife of an elder at the Cong. I attended here in Los Angeles is a checker at a nearby supermarket. When I do shop at the market I always get in her line, no matter how long the line is. I do this to make sure she sees how happy I am no that I am free, and a little sadist satisfaction of my own. I love whatching her squirm as she puts on the pleasant employee act.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Where do you go to eat at the bethel cafeteria?

lol SG that was funny!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would talk to the manager... tell him/her that if they do not stop the harasment then you will talk to a lawyer regarding your legal options.

• talesin
    talesin

topanga

How horrible ! !

I'm happy that you can ignore them; no one should be subjected to this kind of behaviour. Although I am not a Christian myself, I can't help but think, "Jesus would never treat someone like this ,,, and they call themselves Christians *shakes head* ". These actions are despicable. You showed them up by maintaining your dignity.

Right on, keep up the good work.

btw, here's a hug don't let them get you down

talesin

• Soledad
    Soledad

Actually Topanga yes, this has happened to me. Maybe it's a NY thing.

You are doing the right thing by just ignoring them and letting look like the morons that they are. They have no power or authority over you. Just let them be; don't stoop to that level. If things get really ugly, there's law enforcement. Don't hesitate to use it.

It's an amazing testament to their so-called faith that they would do something like this in public. "By their fruits you shall know them." Aint that the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit