do you still meeting on Jesus memorial day ??

by visualt 15 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

No orangefatcat is not going to the memorial, I am going to meet my aunt and go to the Anglican church for Easter services. I use to be an Anglican prior to being forced into Jehovahs' Witnesses.

I always went to church and when I was turning to be 13 years old, I was going to be confirmed, however, my father had new plans for me and the family, no church just Jehovah's Witnesses. My dear dear grandma was so hurt and upset with my parents for pulling me away from the church. She felt that I should have made up my own mind. You see neither of my parents were remotely religious, but I was from a very very young age as I would go to Sunday School and Church and I was a very happy camper. I never realized though how unhappy my life was to become after my parents converted to the JWs. What choice did I have.

I have one regret that my grandma passed away in Oct. of 1992 and I know she would have been so pleased to know that one of her grandchildren had the brains to walk away from it all as a JW.

So yes Orangefatcat is going to apostocize herself at the Church.

Love it .

My your easter be a happy and holy one.

My deepest love,

OrangeFatCat 15Flowers For You

Orangefatcat.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

A memorial service is given out ot of respect and love for the person who has passed.

There is no respect in a JW memorial service. Many come and basically "flip the bird" to JC, by refusing to acknowledge him.

Then they go out and fill their faces, while they complement each other on their new Easter costumes

• Carmel
    Carmel

The "memorial service" is one of many rituals I have abandoned as fit for a bygone age. I wouldn't go and listen to the same twisted illogical speel even if it was a matter of family. Luckily, I left family long ago so don't have to worry about that as an issue either...

carmel

• Flash
    Flash
    you all ex-jw? why u still meeting on Jesus memorial day?

I worship Jehovah. For my mental and emotional health I don't associate with His people anymore!

I will be going to the Memorial...It's the only meeting I will go to. It honors Christ and is the only meeting we're commanded to have.

April 4th (I read in a recent Thread) is it's date.

• visualt
    visualt

oh ...

Thank everyone 4 reply my question

I leave from WTC. in 1997
    because in WTC have The abomination that causes desolation

Matthew 24:15-19

So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination
    that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel
    let the reader understand
    16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
    17Let no one on the roof of his house go down
    to take anything out of the house.
    Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak.
    How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!

but with Jesus order I must do memorial day meeting
    Luke 22:19

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it,
    and gave it to them, saying,
    This is my body given for you;
    "do this in remembrance of me."

then .. since 19 9 7
    I do the memorial day meeting in my house with my family

and I hope one day
    Jehovah GOD will destroy all false governing body
    that they call them self Faithful slave in this time

Bye...

visualt

• bebu
    bebu

Visualt,

Welcome to the board! And I'm thankful that you figured out what is really going on with the WTS!!

I am sure you will have a much more meaningful memorial meeting with your family than at a Kingdom Hall!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit