The Passion of Brian

by drahcir yarrum 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have not been to many meetings lately , but the WTS does not usually actually name any films not to see. I think they are wise enough to know that it would have the opposite effect on a lot of people , and can you imagine press headlines "JW's Ban ..........."

Any comments therefore are just elders own opinions (Dont you just love'm !) happy to make up rules for others .... My superdub wife went to see Passion today and found it very moving, very powerful and "Pretty accurate" so it must have been good.

we always loved "Life of Brian", even though I was an elder at the time.. but we did not let on to everybody in the congo. Years later I used a quote from it as an illustration at the meeting . To my surprise others giggled and said "We know where you got that line"

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

always look at the bright side of life!

Lifes a piece a shyt, when you look at it!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I use one of those mail-in dvd rental services... I just put in a request for The Life of Brian and the waiting list is about 30 days

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I just bought it in Walmart in the bargain DVD "tub" filled with a lot of crappy movies for 9$. I love the stoning of Pharasee for saying Jehovah, and he keeps insisting "I CAN SAY JEHOVAH!" Dont hit me!

• marie67
    marie67

I've heard CO's complain about "the friends" going to see Batman and Titanic. Because of the violence and immoralty Whatever!!! I don't think they will condone going to the Passion.

• Valis
    Valis

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!
    Some things in life are bad They can really make you mad Other things just make you swear and curse When your chewin on lifes gristle Don't grumble, give a whistle And this'll help things turn out for the best And, always look on the bright side of life (whistle) Always look on the light side of life (whistle) If life seems jolly rotten There's something you've forgotten And thats to laugh and smile and dance and sing When your feeling in the dumps Don't be silly chumps Just purse your lips and whistle That's the thing And, always look on the bright side of life (whistle) Always look on the light side of life (whistle) For life is quite absurd And deaths the final word You must always face the curtain with a bang Forget about your sins Give the audience a grin Enjoy it, it's yoour last chance to get out So always look on the bright side of death (whistle) Just before you draw your terminal breath (whistle) Lifes a piece of Shit When you look at it Lifes a laugh and deaths a joke its true You'll see its all a show Keep 'em laughin' as you go Just remeber that the last laugh is on you And, always look on the bright side of life (whistle) Always look on the right side of life (whistle) ( x6 ) 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit