Can You Honestly Say That You Are No Longer Under Watchtower Mind Control?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Like the others have said, that when you fade you are still under their mind control. I am fading also...and because I have family that are still active JW's, I have to act like I am as well. (I don't want to loose my family)

It is interesting to note how unreasonable the conversations are when I am with my JW family. The sad fact is: They don't realize they are under "mind control", I didn't when I was an active one.

When my rose colored glasses came off, is when I realized just how "subtle" the mind control was. That is why they need 3 meetings a week, to totally reinforce it over and over again, and why we were told "we must be sheeplike" to be accepted by Jehovah..(according to WTBS standards that is, so the mind control continues to work. Sheep don't question their shepherds).

Wow...this is all new to me...the pieces of the puzzle are still forming.

Codeblue

• sandy
    sandy

<------- My picture is here now so I think I am doing a hell of a lot better. I am gaining control of my own life a little more everyday.

Either that or the Demons have finally took over my mind. LOL

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

No. Like other faders here the process is slow.

eyeslice

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

I'll never play by their rules.....if someone tries to shun me....

I'm right in their face......If I want to speak...than damit I will............

• Flash
    Flash

Being a fader and not having DA'd myself, some might think that I am still under the WTS mind control. But then others might think that by DA'ing myself, that I am playing the WTS' game by their rules.

Blondie

DITTO!!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Obviously anyone that frequents this site is still under the influence. I don't buy the actual "mind control" business but clearly people's lives are impacted.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Yup. Though it took a while to get all the "influence"/mind control out of my subconscious.

• gumby
    gumby

I think the question is like asking Englishman if he thinks he could sound like an american if he moved to the U.S. long enough. Learned traits from early youth are hard to change completely.

Gumby

• Corvin
    Corvin
    "It still rears its ugly head from time to time . . ." -Blondie

Yes it does. I have to fight everyday when I am having normal conversations with others to not judge them, to not want to tell them they are wrong and "explain" things to them or "reason" with them, to try to change them. How sick am I???

It is hard to unlearn 36 years of brainwashing and abuse in one day. I just keep telling myself, "Do something different, get a different result".

I get better each day. I will feel much better when I get to piss on Ruthorford's grave. That is on the list, along with toilet papering the local assembly hall. (Just kidding)

Corvin

• Golf
    Golf

Min, how the hell can one forget when you keep reminding them with your ?????????????????????????????????????????????"s !

Was I ever under their control or influence? Influence, because they don't control me.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit