question about the memorial

by little1 5 Replies latest jw friends

• little1
    little1

As a non-jw my perception is that they invite everyone they know to the memorial and then a count is taken that night, and the number reported as "the number of jws worldwide" -when some poor clucks (like my unsuspecting self) aren't jws at all but are counted anyway because we are there. If this is the case, doesn't that mean their count is a lie, and don't any of them get that? Am I wrong in perceiving this to be the case?

Little1

• Odrade
    Odrade

Actually they report the number in attendance, they do not count all attenders as members. They do, however, use the memorial attendance # to manipulate the flock in this way:

"See? there is so much work to be done... that's why Jehovah lovingly hasn't brought Armaggedon yet. Look at how many attended the Memorial. Now can you DO MORE? We have to start bible studies with all of these interested ones before the end comes..."

hehe

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They report that number as "Number of those attending Memorial"

There is another number that is far smaller that they use more. It is the Peak Average number of people who turned in a field service time report.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Yes, any who attend are viewed as ones who are interested. This is one spark of hope that is given to the JWs every year to give the appearance of the future growth to come-- WHY look at how many more attended the memorial--they are all potential victims (AKA bible studies).

So it goes that every faithful witness is encouraged to drag along anyone they can for the big night of passing the bread and wine around. I think that the majority of non-JWs who attend are not interested at all, but do so because they are relatives of JWs and figure it is their one big event of the year so what the heck (they may also feel somewhat sorry for the JW relative as they seem so pathetic over this memorial thing). Others are forced to go in one way or another--they are put into a position where they just can't say NO when a rabid witness just won't take any clue that you don't want to attend and offer you everything if you go--will save you a seat--pick you up at 7:00--hold your hand--take you out for icecream afterwards--anything to get you to attend. We were all given complete instructions on how to get others to attend --the Org created this mania every year around memorial time...

• Maverick
    Maverick

The goal is to falsely inflate the numbers of potentially interested people in the WTS's false teachings while the governing body pretend to believe in Jesus but really want people to worship them at the alter of their printing presses in New York! Maverick

• little1
    little1

Well, he did take us out for pizza beforehand and offered ice cream after!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit