Last Thursday's Service Meeting

by SadElder 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SadElder
    SadElder

In the event you had the misfortune to miss Thursday's Service Meeting here is an update:

1. Boring announcements and an equally frustratng review of what needs to be done to prepare for the memorial. As if all in attendance needed to be involved in bringing the glasses, wine, bread, and the appropriate accoutrements.

2. A 20 minute review of how to place the time and location on the Memorial invitation. Should it be on the front or back? on and on ad naseum. Who should be invited, etc.

3. A 20 minute "class???" on how to use the new map publication. An invigorating 4th grade review of how to look up a city on a map. Pardon me while I find a barf bag.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Darn, I am missing SO MUCH at the meetings these days.

What a waste of time they are, these dumbed-down indoctrination sessions.

And the WT Society expects that THESE PEOPLE (to whom they constantly talk down) will be able to go out and PERSUADE others to join the JW's? HAHAHA.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe they should start studying the Awake so that everyone can get their College Equivalent education

• OK Computer
    OK Computer

Hmmmm, I rather enjoyed the reminders. We are expecting almost 200.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sad Elder:

Thanks for reminding me why I don't go any longer!

3. A 20 minute "class???" on how to use the new map publication. An invigorating 4th grade review of how to look up a city on a map. Pardon me while I find a barf bag.

Maybe they should get a computer for the KH and mapquest the territories. Of course that would be asking for the demonz to invade the KH. Where's Jehover when you need him/her?

Kate

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL @ bikerchic!

Actually, when I was territory servant, I used combined mapping/directory software to generate territories for telephone witnessing. And when I was in the Russian congregation, they already had a database system with printable maps for the territories. Out here in Boise, the congregation I attended had detail maps with every individual house marked. Disposable copies were printed for each pass through the territory.

Most congregations weren't that advanced, of course. But plenty of Witnesses aren't technophobic at all.

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

"3. A 20 minute "class???" on how to use the new map publication. An invigorating 4th grade review of how to look up a city on a map. Pardon me while I find a barf bag."

FYI, this is the second time we have had this review. It was just as boring as the first one we had only a few weeks ago, because it covered the exact same thing... how to read a map correctly.

• new light
    new light

The same people who apparently need a class on map reading are expected to understand the 70 weeks/banded tree stump/Gentile times/last days prophecies? Come on.

• happehanna
    happehanna

They treat their flock like idiots always have, always will.

Yet, they con the flock to think they are the most educated people on earth.

Who are they trying to fool?

Oh yeah! they had me fooled for over thirty years.

• franklin J
    franklin J

ahhh....Jehovahs people are all such paragons of intellect and intelligence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit