"whites only" scholarship

by crownboy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

czar--- LMAO -- You sound almost as anti establishment as I am . I well know that it couldn't have been a majority of buisnesses that instituted the idea of affirmative action ,this was clearly an act of a totalitarian government without the consent of the masses that imposed it's will on blue collar america. Satan for his part has the whole show in is hands and doesn't discriminate as far as who is going to get f@$% around here . I do like the libertarian point of view on issues such as this , they aren't the least bit interested in special interest and believe in personal freedom as described in the constitution .

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Reverse Racism would mean that people like me because of my race. Blacks like me because I am irish. If a black person treats me nasty because of my race, that is not reverse racism that is racism. There is however a difference between trying to assist people that have been economically forbidden from joining society as a group and racism. That having been said, there are many poor whites who are also struggling. Whiteness does not equate to success.

RE: white racial slurs...that has a lot to do with white guilt. I dont have any and am racist and racial and anti-racist all at the same time.

• Reverse racism.When my sis lived on a Caribbean Island in the 1970s, the locals did not care for whites and discriminated against them. Whites were a minority. The whites called what they were experiencing reverse racial discrimination. What the meant was that rather than whites discriminating against blacks as it was back home on the mainland, there it was the other way around. It was the reverse. Not a term that I coined, but people of that era living in such places calling the concept reverse discrimination or prejudice.
    • white racial slurs...that has a lot to do with white guilt I am not sure what your point is here. My point is that just because horrible things have been done to some blacks by some whites doesn't make it okay for people of any race to slur all or all southern white people. Not all whites are guilty of racism, discrimination or racial prejudice. I am very tired of there being different rules for different races. Ethnic or racial jokes and slurs are uncool no matter who is doing the slurring. Not all whites have white guilt.
    • I dont have any and am racist and racial and anti-racist all at the same time. Most of have some kind of prejudice against someone for something.

Flyin'

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I well know that it couldn't have been a majority of buisnesses that instituted the idea of affirmative action

no shit?

this was clearly an act of a totalitarian government without the consent of the masses that imposed it's will on blue collar america.

lol about the "act of totalitarian government". Blue collar America is measurably improved because of it too. As noted, white people were NOT going to end discrimination w/o the law forcing them too. You, heathen, are better off for it, so what are you complaining about?

• heathen
    heathen

Six-- Have you noticed the latest trend of job outsourcing to other countries and the rate that illegal aliens are finding their way into the american workplace? Aint nobody playing fair , protesters of the world trade organization tore apart seattle a couple of years ago because they believed the whole system is unfair . I don't know why companies should be allowed to hire non americans to fill a government quota . The whole thing stinks IMO .

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Flying...

I understand that you did not coin the term. I understand that others came up with it. I am merely pointing out that racism is acting against someone because of their race...verbally, physically, economically and so forth.

Regarding my comment about white guilt..I meant that the reason people tolerate racism against whites is because whites often feel guilty for things done in previous generations that they had nothing to do with. Though of course there are whites that think they are not racist but are...nor are all activities of whites racist and they should not keep feeling guilting for things they are not responsible for. If they are responsible for somethingg then simply stop doing it...

When I said I dont have any I meant I dont have white guilt. I am however a racist. This is simply a recognition that the ideas that have influenced me that I thought had not, had in fact done so. That my attitudes about other people are not always positive even....EVEN if I think they are. I see racism as a disease like alcholism. One is always an alcoholic and one is always a racist. One can modify behaviors and gradually feelings and beliefs. But one must still always be vigilant to an awareness of what things might cause hurt feelings by someone of another race...or other category.

Sixofnine...agreed. If people were not restricted from working or paid lower wages or given the lower quality jobs because of race, religion, gender and so forth, we would have had to force them to do so. It IS totalitarian if the govt forces people to stop treating others like lesser beings, it is NOT totalitarian for those people to treat the others in ways that are degrading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit