Hugely embarrassing afternoon

by La Capra 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Wow!!

I guess this in one afternoon that won't be easily forgotten..

Congratulations to you. what a big surprise it must have been.

sincerely

Special K

• simplesally
    simplesally

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Have fun planning the wedding!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow.. how cool. I always wondered what it would be like to get a proposal that went into extra effort for setting up.. That would be so special.

• La Capra
    La Capra

So, my fiance apparently had been setting this up for several weeks, with one of my fellow law clerks, and my boss, who was one of my professors last year. My boss lives for this kind of stuff. But he mysteriously stopped asking about "any new developments" in my reationtionship, about a week ago.

My boss had him on the witness stand and was "qualifying" him as an expert when I walked in. Apparently there were charts and graphs... This was plan B. Apparently, plan A was to have the bailiff come get me in the office and take me into custody, to appear before the judge. Glad that didn't happen.

I guess they didn't expect me to bolt, because no one standing behind me to keep me from running out of the courtroom. So many people came to watch, from my law school, from our law office, court reporters, court clerks, former professors....One of the hardest things in a formerly-in-a-cult life is accepting that lots of people care-just simply care- about me.

Only one person has had anything "doomsy" to say about this, my mom, the JW. It figures (but she's not stupid, she didn't go too far...). Everyone else is thrilled. (I'm gettin' married!)

I wonder what the kids will say when they see my ring this morning. 9th grade girls notice EVERYTHING!!!!

OK, off to teach simplifying radical expressions....(after a sleepless night...I'm gettin' married!) Shoshana

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Nina

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Congratulations

cj

• Xandria
    Xandria

Congratulations

Shoshanna!

X.

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Congrats!!! cyber drinks for everyone!!!! That's soooo precious!

Brandon proposed to me during Letterman. Every gals dream. At least he got down on one knee. But he was just getting a quarter that fell out of his pocket.

• patio34
    patio34

What a story to remember!! What a clever fiance you have!!

All the BEST to you!!

Patio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit