Driving to Meeting

by CaptK 11 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptK
    CaptK

This is a Classic !

I am currently disfellowshiped and have been attending the Sunday meetings at the Kingdom Hall for the last 2 years. I am in my mid to late 40's. For the last two weeks I was waiting for a traffic light near where I live and this young newly married MS came up behind me. After seeing "me" the light turns green and he quickly proceeds in the other lane passing me at a very fast rate of speed. The speed limit is 35 on this roadway. I accelerate to 50 mph+ and still could not catch him. He had to be going at least 60 mph. There at the meeting he is there..then during the Watchtower this Jack*ss is the Watchtower reader. Of course I cannot say anything to him as I am the "bad" guy and the "evil" one. I am trying to come back to meetings but what do you do when you run into this jack*ss. I am still trying to figure this all out. Yeah he will survive the big "A" I will not. He is the so called " Christian" and I am not. He is in good standing with the "elders" I am not.

Do the elders really know these jak*sses or are they so blind that they will allow anybody in.

• sandy
    sandy

CaptK, may I ask why you still attend meetings? Is it for family or friends?

Just wondering....

• roybatty
    roybatty

I don't mean any disrespect and wish you the best with whatever course you decide to follow but, jeez, when I read threads like yours, I'm so thankful that I'm out of that place. To willingly go to a place where you're so de-humanized that you cannot even approach this dude and ask him "what's the deal with your driving" is beyond my comprehension.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

CaptK,

Why do you want to go back to that hellhole and be treated like a pariah by people like that MS?

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Mph is the newly introduced measure of jw spirituality. Step on it.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Hey CaptK,

I have noticed in my life, that when I question other peoples motives, it is generally just a distraction from facing my own; and what I label others is in reality more a reflection of my asinine behavior than theirs.

When you are giving attention to other peoples meeting attendance, what do you feel this means? What are your deep feelings about being there? If you don't mind my asking.

j

• Sassy
    Sassy

Maybe he has family in.. or doesn't realize yet that the WTS is not telling the truth..

if that is the case CaptK, you might want to do some research..

• Dawn
    Dawn
    Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them Matt 7:20

I wonder what tree he came off of?

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

As long as you continue to go to the Hall, you're enabling this kind (and other kinds) of abuse. Why not just stop going altogether? That way, no one can pull any crap on you. Disarm them by shunning them. Works every time.

• Flash
    Flash
    Do the elders really know these jak*sses or are they so blind that they will allow anybody in.

They KNOW, they're all part of the 'Good Old Boys' club!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit