Osama's Physician is Surrounded

by Sentinel 9 Replies latest social current

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

The big news on TV right now--and it's dark on that side of the world-- is that the Afghans have corraled the #2 man right next to Osama. This is a very intelligent Egyptian physician who travels with him all the time. It is not known whether Osama is with him or not right at the moment. They cannot confirm this just yet. They do know the #2 guy is in the perrimeter of their control.

Osama needs his physician friend greatly because of his ill health. Take away the doctor, and the patient will no doubt die. Osama is said to need dialysis to stay alive. Time will tell.

/<

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

WANA, Pakistan - Pakistani officials said Thursday that they believed their troops had surrounded the No. 2 leader of the al-Qaida terrorist network, Ayman al-Zawahri.

A spokesman for the Pakistani army told NBC News, quoting the country?s president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, that a ?high-value target? was cornered in South Waziristan, along the Afghan border, based on the level of resistance Pakistani forces were encountering. Musharraf said the identity of the target was unknown, but three other senior government officials told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity that intelligence indicated that the figure was al-Zawahri. A senior U.S. official in Washington told NBC News that while ?we are not certain who it is,? it did appear that ?the Pakistanis have surrounded a very senior al-Qaida figure.? The British Broadcasting Corp. reported that thousands of Pakistani troops backed by helicopter gunships came under heavy attack from militants Thursday morning. U.S. officials told NBC News that about 100 militant fighters were ?fighting to the death? and that Pakistani forces could be gearing up to launch airstrikes at daybreak Thursday if the resistance continued. They said U.S. troops were not involved.

Pakistani intelligence official told the AP that 18 suspects had been arrested, some of whom were providing useful information. He said those suspects reported that al-Zawahri had been injured in the operation, which they said left ?dozens? dead.

He's not Osama's Doctor, he's his cheif planner.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here's the rest of the Text after the first line...sorry for the format error.

A spokesman for the Pakistani army told NBC News, quoting the country?s president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, that a ?high-value target? was cornered in South Waziristan, along the Afghan border, based on the level of resistance Pakistani forces were encountering.

Musharraf said the identity of the target was unknown, but three other senior government officials told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity that intelligence indicated that the figure was al-Zawahri.

A senior U.S. official in Washington told NBC News that while ?we are not certain who it is,? it did appear that ?the Pakistanis have surrounded a very senior al-Qaida figure.?

The British Broadcasting Corp. reported that thousands of Pakistani troops backed by helicopter gunships came under heavy attack from militants Thursday morning.

U.S. officials told NBC News that about 100 militant fighters were ?fighting to the death? and that Pakistani forces could be gearing up to launch airstrikes at daybreak Thursday if the resistance continued. They said U.S. troops were not involved.

A Pakistani intelligence official told the AP that 18 suspects had been arrested, some of whom were providing useful information. He said those suspects reported that al-Zawahri had been injured in the operation, which they said left ?dozens? dead.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Thanks Yerusalyim. I can tell that just within several hours, the news release are "changing" a bit. That is what I hate most about "the news". They project so much into it.

You do have the facts as they are now--and thanks for your post(s). Let's hope they do have this #2 fellow. Quite a resistance if it isn't him. Maybe it is in fact Osama, and not #2.

It's a wait and see.

/<

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

I hope this doesn't mean Osama is going to die from his kidney ailment. I for one hope he is caught, tried at the Hague and hung, like the dog he is, all for the public to see.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

This guy was never Osama's physician...he's a planner, and in the grand scheme of things much more important than Osama both strategically and tactically. Osama is the figure head...the Doctor is the brains.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Like Yeru pointed out - according to the news reports downunder, it's the Pakistanis who've got him cornered, not the Afghans.

Coincidentally (?) Colin Powell proclaimed Pakistan a favored non-NATO ally:

The news came the same day as US Secretary of State Colin Powell announced in Islamabad that Washington was bestowing the status of major non-NATO ally on Pakistan, and praised the country for its help in the war on terrorism.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel

I'm getting so that I just don't believe what I hear anymore, even on the local news. Apparently, someone got some information screwed up big time. My husband heard it was the Afghans as well who had the area surrounded.....oh well.

I too heard that the #2 fellow was the brains; but he is also a physician. Osama needs constant medical care. Doesn't it make sense that he would also be the one taking care of him medically?

Thanks for bringing the correct information here.

/<

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sent,

The Afghanis are on the other side of the mountain to block escape that direction...the Pakis have him surrounded 360 degrees.

I honestly think Osama is dead a long time ago.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

It certainly would be nice to have some proof of that for sure. Maybe #2 is carrying his remains around wherever he goes.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit