Why JW's Stand Out

by new light 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new light
    new light

It just hit hit me why so many JW's stand out! It's because so many work menial jobs! You put a JW in an office setting where everyone has to be well-groomed and he/she will blend right in (mostly). But since so many JWs work as janitors, tradesmen, etc, they tend to be the only people with a clean shave. Big deal. By the way, I'm a tradesman myself, so don't think I'm just being rude.

• Maverick
    Maverick

You saying us tradesmen are not clean cut looking? You think all of us have tattoos and don't shave and let our hair grow? You saying we smoke or swear and act crude? Well. OK...just asking! Maverick

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Actually having passed through most of the JW bullpoo I have to say that JW's don't stand out .. they just suck, no really, they suck just like everyone else. Lets face it .. they are just plain boring old corn flakes in an otherwise fruit loop world.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

No, it's because they make it painfully obvious that they DON'T do things that normal people do (holidays, smurfs, voting, etc...) and they also make it painfully obvious that they DO do things that normal people don't (talk about Jehover all the time, go door-to-door, shun family, go to conventions all the time, go to meetings all the time, etc)

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

It's cause they look like this

Be afraid ...

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    But since so many JWs work as janitors, tradesmen, etc, they tend to be the only people with a clean shave.

I think you're onto something, but It's not only work related - around here it's a beachside community - you know surfie kids, older surfies, and relaxed clothing whatever it is, - then someone comes past with neat hair above the ears (not too short though, don't want to be skinheads) and looking like they've got shares in Gillette.

Odds are....

The hairdo is called a squarecut - and I think that's another thing - their styling is an effort to copy the most white western square people of twenty years past.

Is that what they say is respectable ??

I think I just felt some shivers.

• avishai
    avishai
    Actually having passed through most of the JW bullpoo I have to say that JW's don't stand out .. they just suck, no really, they suck just like everyone else. Lets face it .. they are just plain boring old corn flakes in an otherwise fruit loop world.

My brutha, your underating both sucking, and froot ooops

• shamus
    shamus

Shit sucker.

I just got me a job at the ol' saw mill, and my hair is growin' long and my beard is growin' strong too, LOL!

I spotted three witlesses at lunchtime. They were the only ones without facial hair, and two were in they're 50's, and the younger guy was in his 20's.

I don't know why I feel this need to grow my hair now... I guess that I used to be a punker and had my head shaved all the time. (buzzed)

• new light
    new light

Two weeks ago I shaved off a nice six-week beard. The novelty had worn off, but it felt really cool to let 'er grow for a while. Nobody at my job said even one word about it at all, except for my JW boss. At about the two-week point, when it was obvious I was growing it and didn't just forget to shave he was confessing some of his JW-type weaknesses (as he does whenever we talk) and he says, "I don't have a beard or anything, but I've missed four meetings in a row." As if having a beard is some kind of crime.....Oh yeah, it is if you're a JW. It is a great statement if you want to distance yourself from the borg, like the beatniks of old. What a bunch of petty fools!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    he was confessing some of his JW-type weaknesses (as he does whenever we talk) and he says, "I don't have a beard or anything, but I've missed four meetings in a row."

Oh yeah!!! He's a real Bad Boy now isn't he!!! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit