The Memorial: Blasphemy or Monty Python Sketch?

by metatron 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GreenDragon
    GreenDragon

Anybody here, going to eat the bread and drink the wine?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    this cultic travesty of Christian ritual

So well expressed!

Metatron, as ever you've spoken the plain truth about "the Troof". I always look out for your posts. Well done!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Anybody here, going to eat the bread and drink the wine? I will, along with other xjw friends of mine, at my house, on the eve of April 4 this year. As Morpeus correctly pointed out: because Jesus said to partake right in Luke 22:19 & 20; Mark 14:22 & 23; and in particular Matthew 26:26-28 where Jesus was explicit in his commandment to followers: "While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.""

• nojudgement
    nojudgement

The last time I walked into a Kingdom Hall was last year's memorial. I knew when I walked out, it would be my last meeting for at least a year. The speaker spent about 50 minutes on explaining why none of us were good enough to partake - not that I ever wanted to - but, it finally hit me as to how ridiculous this whole ritual was. MILLIONS of witness and witness friendly people buying new outfits, putting a special effort out in service this month, changing their schedules around to observe this occaision where 2% had the "right" to partake. I walked away feeling -once again - not good enough. I decided...I wouldn't be doing that anymore. It's not healthy. And thanks to THIS SITE and all of your great commentary...I won't be attending this year for the first time in my life!!! Why help those bogus numbers? And speaking of numbers...it bugged me that the 144,000 kept hovering around the same number - even increasing some years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit