If The United States Had Remained A Sovereign Territory..

by Englishman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

..I wonder what it would be like now?

They'd drive on the proper side of the road for a start.

I wonder what else would be different?

Englishman.

• dustyb
    dustyb

lol, US drive on the proper side of the road?!?!? everything the brits do are backwards! If america would have stayed under british control, spain would have started shit and took 1/2 of the current US. then we wouldn't have nukes, or problems or anything like that. biggest problems (pollution etc etc) started with the US unfortunately....

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

We wouldn't have good food. Give me a bucket of fried chicken over bubble and squeek any day.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yeah, but we'd have great beer.

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I read a novel called "The Two Georges" a few years ago with the premise that the U.S revolution had failed, with Washington et al. being viewed today as traitors and George III as a hero, and America today being part of the Commonwealth. It was really kind of interesting backdrop, the main plot was a murder mystery.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0812544595/inktomi-bkasin-20/ref%3Dnosim/002-4830617-1929659

Chris

• edge3
    edge3

Our refrigerators would be made by Lucas. Thus we would enjoy warm beer.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WE WOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT DAMNED "LUCAS IGNITION AND WIRING" IN ALL OUR AUTOMOBILES.

WE WOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE MEDIA'S CONSTANT LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE QUEEN AND HER HOMELY IDIOT SON,

Outoftheorg

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The Cherokee Republic would be in trouble with the UN for not allowing ARMS inspectors into Oak Ridge.

• fader
    fader

We wouldn't be the fattest nation in the world. Who the hell wants to eat British food anyway?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I wonder what else would be different?

We would talk with funny accents.

Everyone's first name would be "Bloody" and everyone's last name would be "Bloke."

We would drive little clackity cars that broke every ten miles.

We would have electrical wire with water-soluable insulation (Lucas).

We would spell "humor, h-u-m-o-u-r.

We would have twenty people working on a project that only required four people. Fifteen of those twenty people would be Worker's Union Representatives.

Our children would wear car hoods on their heads and we would call them "bonnets."

We would have no Second Amendment to the Constitution, so everyone would kill each other with baseball bats, instead.

Powdered white wigs would be all the rage.

When someone asked for a "lift," they would be handed an elevator.

The National Pastime would be trying to get a cop named "Bobby" to crack a smile.

The food of choice in our fast food restaurants would be "McToad-in-the-Hole."

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit