Green Devil

by richard 11 Replies latest jw friends

• richard
    richard

Years ago, when the cover of the New World Translation was green coloured, Mormon missionaries referred to it as the "Green Devil". Anyone knows of similar or other expressions?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

we had a CO that used to call "The Truth That Leads to Everlasting Life" the Blue Bombshell. Naturally some in the congo took this up and also used the term for awhile. One of those jokes from the platform that aren't funny but which most everyone laughs the alternative is unthinkable.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I remember using a green NWT back when going door to door. Folkls first impression was that we weren't using the bible. Some said the bible must be black. When I was very young, I remember seeing white bibles that my grandparents had. Black was usually the rule. JW's love to be different.

/<

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I remember when they introduced the tiny version of the Live Forever book, sometime in the 80's. As if on cue, everyone in my cong went "Awwwwwww." Cuz let's face it, it was just so durned cute.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I thought this was a thread on Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

Are you hijacking this thread Shotgun? Nawwwwwwwwwww not you..........

But Gumby sure would look cute going door to door with the Green Devil.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I had heard from someone, and I can't remember who, but I do remember I felt he was in a good reason to know why.. anyway he said the vinyl or whatever it was they used for the green bibles was cheaper, and that is why they used it.

Now if we only knew why they had that dinosaur walking aroung Sahara on the front map, or that guy that looked like he had a popcorn head, all would be clear.

• Huxley
    Huxley

Git, I miss seeing that little dinosaur..kept me semi-entertained as a kid at the meetings.

I think I drew a little flame shooting out of his mouth, like he was Godzilla wreaking havoc in the fertile crescent.

Can somebody scan that guy? I'd really like to see him again.

Huxley

• greven
    greven

No, never heard of that expression. Then again I don't know any mormon either.

Greven

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Git / Huxley.

I loved the dinosaur, too.
    I would pretend that he was walking along the longitude and latitude lines, and eating all the other people who were scattered around the map.

Run!!! Run for your lives, little people!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit