If You Were Never A JW What Type of Life Would You Think You'd Have Now?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Would you have gone to college, gotten a great job, become a businessman, politician, priest,........what???

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Your top post is a good question:"If You Were Never A JW What Type of Life Would You Think You'd Have Now?"

As for "Would you have gone to college, gotten a great job, become a businessman", I did that as a JW, so the two are not mutually exclusive.

If I hadn't beeen a JW, I'm sure my life would have been different, but I'm not exactly sure how.

Sure, I would've had more time, probably would've had a Dad, would've been on the High School and College Football and wrestling teams, might've gone on to play professionally (sports), been a musician, artist, who knows?

But it would definitely have been different.

• JH
    JH

I went to college before being a witness.

I wasted my best years waiting and waiting and waiting for an event people 2000 years ago were also waiting and waiting for.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I'm very certain that I wouldn't exist.

That's like asking, what would your life be like if you had been raised by wolves?

I believe strongly in the concept of the self being fluid, ever-changing, and impermanent - and the sum of all one's thoughts and experiences. The idea of a fixed, rigid self is an illusion of consciousness, the Buddhists believe, and I am increasingly open to that rejection of duality.

If my mother had not become a JW, I would not have come into being... someone else would have my name and body. I would not exist.

• PinTail
    PinTail

I probley would have married my high school sweet heart rather than veiwing her as a maggot to steer away from at the risk of being distroyed at armagedon. Sick huh.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't know and I don't care. The life I have right now is the only one that matters.

Remember that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    and today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.--Loretta Laroche

• minimus
    minimus

I care about the "what ifs" but I know there's nothing you can do about it.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

What i am sure of: i wouldn't post on this site cause JW are only of minor - if any - interest to the rest of the world.

I got an invitation to 20 years after school - and what should i write in CV? I was caught in a cult for 14 years?

But that's life! That is why i am now what i am.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

That's a very good question and I honestly don't know what my life would be like if I had been a JW.

Devon

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

I would be a talented studio musician, a recording artist, and the world's top rated Elvis Tribute Artist!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit