God or Goddess, does the supreme have a gender?

by Sirius Dogma 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Some people say the supreme being is male, some say it is female.

Some call it Goddess, some call it God.

Of course this all pre-supposes one exists in the first place, but that aside, what do you think?

Does God have a gender, what is that gender and what do you call it God or Goddess?

For me, I don't think god has a gender, if one exists. It doesn't make any sense in my mind. To me the term god does not infer a gender.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I refer to the creator of all things as my Universal Father/Mother, the center of the divine.

/<

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Silly, Diana and all the Supremes are female.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would say that if there is a supreme being out there somewhere it would defy our wildess imagination as well as be totally undiscribable.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Well, we were all made in its image, female and male, so that would indicate, to me, that it is BOTH.

CG

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

it's an androgynous little blue boy.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

In the sense that He is a spirit, I'd say genderless.

In the sense that He reveals Himself to humankind, I'd say Male.

• dolphman
    dolphman

God is a he-she. A combination of both male and female qualities.

The male part is pure conciousness, hence why men tend to me more intellectual.

The female part is creativity, hence why women give birth, the ultimate form of physical creation on our planet.

By combining pure conciousness and it's infinite possibilities with the creativity or "active force", the creation is created.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

If you define God as "all things," then by definition God would encompass both genders. However, since gender itself is a cultural, arbitrary division that glosses over a far more complex pattern of social variability, and if there is no division in God and if God should not be limited by human categories, then gender would also be irrelevant when it comes to God. Of course, it all depends on how you characterize God.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Not gender, but reflection of what we understand that is humanly identifiable, or indeed described in our victim blaming bias. eg.

• masculine, not effeminate - ie. not weak, but we are the ones calling girls weak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit