How does it keep going?

by onintwo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I only had my son when I left - thank goodness he is not interested in being a JW. Had my daughter after I left - so I now have a 100% freedom ratio

• AlanB
    AlanB

Interesting Thread....

OK, from my personal perspective....

I am Third Generation, My grandparents were witnesses in the 1940's.... so from this couple what do we have.... They had Four Children, all left, two came back. Of these four... 2/4 = 50% staying.

1/ My Parent, Left, married out of the 'truth', spouse came into 'truth', had three children of whom only one has stayed. 1/3 = 33% staying.

2/ Sibling #1, Married in 'truth', had two children, entire family left in late 1960's. 0/2 = 0%

3/ Sibling #2, Left already accounted for.

4/ Sibling #3, Left, married out of 'truth', returned, had three children, spouse came into 'truth'. One stayed, one left, one DF. 1/3 = 30%

So in total from this one JW couple, including spouses upto the second generation we have the following:-

In Out %
    2 Grandparents 2 0 100
    4 2nd Gen Children 2 2 50
    4 2nd Gen Spouses 2 2 50
    6 Grandchildren (raised in) 2 4 33
    Total 8 8 50

This does not account for 4 Grandchildren raised outside, or take account of the 4th Generation, who are getting to the decision age.

Perhaps we should run a survey...?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Incredibly the Witnesses are a business that refuses natural growth. By refusing natural growth, for one thing, they produce this facade of the continual struggle. The continual struggle fits the doctrines but it declines the easy numbers and it declines stability.

By declining natural growth and stability they invite unmanageability. By inviting unmanageability, they establish a constant chaos and create an environment that requires micro management and by using the technique of micro management, that becomes one of the elements used to refuse natural growth. It's the establishment of the circle and now the circle is all the managers of the corporation know.

To borrow a cliche . . . The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

So we have a business corporation that seems to think that pragmatic thinking is a flaw, new ideas are disloyal, and their customers owe them. It takes a steady supply of defectives to ignore the problems and willful ignorants who refuse to open up a book or look at a web site for growth to continue. Interestingly they seem to keep coming up with qualified unnaturals to fill the seats. GaryB

• onintwo
    onintwo

Thanks Gary......, I think I got that.

Onintwo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit