Where's your favourite place to be ?

by reboot 35 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot

Where do you feel most 'at home' within yourself?

Do you have a special affinity with a particular place?

If I feel stressed or low I always head for the beach.I've got a very special beach near me thats empty.

It's a long walk down a cliff path to get to it, finishing with a drop down rope-only access.

It's incredible how quickly I feel calm after taking time out there.I hunt for fossils, draw in the sand- go swimming and make sculptures from seaweed and driftwoodand as the light fades I light fires, sit and listen to the surf and watch the occasional boat pass by.

Perhaps I read Robinson Crusoe too much as a child

Where's your special place?

• Simon
    Simon

Ah, all bulldozed now to make way for new housing. Lot's of childhood memories gone with it.

There is a nice walk alongside a small river in a little town near Calgary. If things work out, that will be my place to go on Sunday afternoons.

Failing that, I'm quite partial to Steve & Joys beach !!

• Gadget
    Gadget

I always want to go out on my bike when I'm stressed. A red hot day, little wind, dry roads with very little traffic, no speed cameras.......... Unfortunately its not normally like that much in my part of the world. I like a rocky outcrop into a stormy sea, to be able to feel the power of it all, as long as I don't feel cold because that would make me feel worse.

• reboot
    reboot

Sounds lovely Simon, all the pics my brother sends me make me want to escape there too!

Gadget; good choice; I went to the beach on boxing day-the storm was so strong we nearly got blown away.Nearly lost the children as the wind threatened to sweep them into oblivian and ended up sounding like my mother as I strode ahead saying,' Come on, it'll do you good' lol

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

MONTANA!!!

My Dad lives in the mountains and it's about 3 miles up. The view is unbelievable!!! I feel soooo at home there... The mountains are calling me!!!

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Nearly lost the children as the wind threatened to sweep them into oblivian

I take it that was accidental, lol. Another place I love is any sofa I can curl up on with someone.

• reboot
    reboot
    Another place I love is any sofa I can curl up on with someone

Mission for Manchester...find squashy sofa and vegetate

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Point Loma (San Diego), California in the evening with a nice breeze blowing in off the Pacific -- grilling up a few steaks and veggies, and baking a few potatoes in tin foil on the grill, while sipping a brew or two or a Seagram's in 7UP with my big brother Paul and his wife Sherrie. Meanwhile, their little munchkin is perpetually running around showing "uncle Jerry" his latest Lego construction. For his birthday I bought him the Space Shuttle Columbia Lego set; I haven't been back out to California yet to see him show it to me.

After this summer, when I finish up my undergraduate education in dreadful Pennsylvania, I'll be heading out to California for good, or at least for graduate school and hopefully my Ph.D. track.

• kat2u
    kat2u

i breathe deeply, relax and picture a beautiful place!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I love my apartment............I have so many special objects that I've collected and that resonate with good, warm, energy...........and I've made my home snuggly and comfortable...........a perfect refuge from the storms of life.............

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit