Family of nine dead in Fresno...7th Day Adventist...

by sf 23 Replies latest social current

• sf
    sf

On FOX NEWS the son of the man accused of killing his family in Fresno was just on camera stating his family was devout 7th Day Adventists and that "there was never any abuse".

Isn't that church a close follower of JW church and policies?

The report states too, that it appears to be a ritual killing.

sKally

• Scully
    Scully

JWs and Seventh Day Adventists are what Jim Penton once called "pups from the same bitch".

• wednesday
    wednesday

i was just watching this on fox cable and cnn and it is truly bizzare. A 18-20 y/o son of the man accused was trying to enter the home and the reporters stopped him and get this, he said:

he was disappointed in the killing.

could that be the understatement of the year?

this is a very weird crime and all is not know yet.

yes 7th day adventists do have similar beliefs of JWS. they are not as well known as jws b/c they do not harass people door to door.

• sf
    sf

9 dead in Fresno home
    Sacramento Bee, CA - 6 hours ago
    Bodies of seven children age 8 and younger are discovered after Marcus Wesson, 57, surrenders and is arrested after a 2-hour standoff. ...
    Man accused of mass murder - News24
    Nine Bodies, 10 Caskets Found in California Home - Reuters
    Massacre In Fresno, CA Home - WTEV
    ShortNews.com - ShortNews.com - and more ยป

Man arrested in US on suspicion of murder
    RTE Interactive, Ireland - 5 hours ago
    ... They also found ten coffins. Marcus Wesson, 57, gave himself up after a two-hour stand -off with police. Police received a call ...

sKally...thx scully.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    JWs and Seventh Day Adventists are what Jim Penton once called "pups from the same bitch".

How are they the same? I was never under the impression they had any similarities. I'd be interested to hear how they are

• simplesally
    simplesally

They both believe in Armageddon, the 1000 year reign and a paradise earth.... The 7th Day Adventists believe that humans will live forever on earth.

• wednesday
    wednesday

for one thing they have a body of elders and each church rules with a heavy hand. U have to cofness to the elders, as do jws. They share in not celebrating numerous holoidays,(may be optional now) they do DISFELLOWSHIP. I once had a doc who an adventist, and i was confiding in him some problems., and he said he wasn't sure but he might be required to tell my elders. i nearly had a stroke. I reminded him he was my doc, and then he said, "
    well if jws can't shelpherd their own flock, i will not help them"They believe in the "big A", and their are other similar beliefs.

Russell got a lot of ideas to start his religion from the 2nd day adventists.

• Sassy
    Sassy

interesting

• wednesday
    wednesday

we have someone on the board who is an adventist. i can see his avatar clearly in my head. He does not post much. Barry i believe is his name.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sassy asked,

How are they the same? I was never under the impression they had any similarities. I'd be interested to hear how they are

Both the Seventh Day Adventists and the Russellites sprang from the "Adventist" movement that was popularized by William Miller. The two organizations are separate, and the details of their various doctrines are different; naturally they also have different people at the top of their respective organizations.

Because of this common origin, describing them as "pups from the same bitch" is not only accurate, it is poetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit