Creators Promise in Awake.....?

by Paradise Found 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

The Awake used to be published on the Creators Promise of.......before the generation of 1914 passed away.

Does anyone no over what time-scale this promise was published?

• frogit
    frogit

I think the actual promise was forgotten too!

frogit

• dustyb
    dustyb

it switched in like Nov 8,1995 issue or somethign like that. before it was "the creators promise before the generation of 1914 passed away". now its just, uh....i don't know ;)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

PF Now it's just "soon"

• garybuss
    garybuss

I am missing 1982 Awake! bound volume, but dec 1981 it is the end within our generation and jan 8 1983 it is the 1914 promise that lasted till they changed the doctrine in 1995. Maybe someone who has a 1982 bv will be able to give you the exact date. GaryB

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Thankyou all for the answer.

• gumby
    gumby

One has to remember that this "proper food" the slave is feeding us from Jehovah, gradually changes from time to time beause Jehovah can't decide for sure when he wants to kill everyone. The dubs are still showing a profit, so the end is not yet!

Gumby

• chester
    chester

Gary,

The Jan 8 1982 Awake is the first one to use the phrase ?the Creator?s promise of a peaceful and secure new order before the generation that saw the events of 1914 C.E. passes away.?

The November 8 1995 Awake is the first one to change the phrase to read ?the Creator?s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.?

Chester

• garybuss
    garybuss

I found this on David Reed's page. I think it might fill in some blanks.

In 1982 the Watchtower Society changed the prophecy on page 2 of each AWAKE! issue to include the same thought about 1914. It was no longer a vague "our generation" that would see the world's end, but the generation that saw the events of 1914: "...the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new order before the generation that saw the events of 1914 C.E. passes away." (January 8, 1982)

Nearly identical wording repeated this prophecy in each issue until January 8, 1987, when AWAKE!'s statement of purpose was moved to page 4 in a redesigned format. Starting with that issue, the 1914 generation prophecy was dropped entirely, without explanation.

Then it was restored--again without explanation--on page 4 of the March 8, 1988 issue: "...the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away"--wording that continued to appear through October, 1995.

By then, however, the generation that saw the events of 1914 had largely passed away. All that remained were a relatively few surviving individuals in their late 90's--people nearly a hundred years old. Obviously, the prophecy had failed. Continuing to print it as spiritual food for Jehovah's Witnesses was like serving meat or milk long after the "sell before" date stamped on the package. Like spoiled food, the expired prophecy began to stink. JW leaders in Brooklyn finally replaced it in the November 8, 1995 Awake! by returning to language similar to that used prior to 1964. Awake! now declares "...the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things."

http://www.cftf.com/comments/1914ggph.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit