JW's set to waste more paper @ Wallkill NY

by seedy3 11 Replies latest jw friends

• seedy3
    seedy3

Check this out pictures of the expansion of the Wallkill NY printing plant http://walkerimages.com/photo020.html

One that I really wonder about and wonder how much they cropped is this one http://walkerimages.com/images02/1-1-04_View_From_New_Factory_Roof_.jpg

Is that a pyrimid there????? Hmmmmmmmmm

Seedy

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Is that a pyrimid there?????

At least now we know where Rutherford is buried.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

The Society is going to put on a slide presentation--"Boring times at Wallkill"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

That's not a pyramid - it's the top wall of the roof tapering due to perspective.

...or it is the featureless black basalt pyramid that Fred Franz conjured up from the nether regions and used to get messages from.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good site, Thanks for posting it. GaryB

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

The title of your thread is yet another one of the numerous things that aggravated me as a JW:

The callous disregard for the sheer waste they produced. I'd wager 90% or more of the magazines they produce wind up in a recycling center or a landfill in a matter of weeks. So this practice of producing magazines, is, in essence, like chopping down forests only to fill landgfills or recycling centers, all paid for by loyal JWs. It sickens me as much now as it did then- I stopped contributing for the literature a decade befopre I left.

Oh, and I cut way back on how many magazines I got to "place" as well, and was constantly questioned why I wasn't "ordering more magazines". I would reply that I placed every magazine I got only with people who specifically asked for them, not forcing them on the househiolder like most dubs did.

Yep, that policy of wasting God's created forest was yet another reason I left the dubs.

Love_Truth- Theist and Environmentalist

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks Seeedy3. Good link. Quite impressive pictures actually. Looks like quite the facillity. Terrain is similar to where I live.

You have to admit the move to Walkill is a good idea as I'm sure the tax rates in rural NY are a lot less, than Brooklyn.

That last picture had me LOL. It's not until you enlarge it, and realize it's a combination of the roof lip and the shadow, that it isn't a pyramid. Perhaps Russell' spirit is directing this project.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey Love_Truth, actually more ended up in the closets and basements of JWs, who led them moulder and then ditched them in dark plastic bags so the neighbors didn't know they were throwing out WT literature.

Published 21 million

Ordered by JWs through their KHs 21 million (no subsciptions any more)

Placed by JWs with people at the door 10,000

Put into doors, under mats, in laundromats, in hospital lobbies, etc. 10 million

Found in JW basements and closets 11 million

***Any inaccuracy in total is due to inaccurate reporting by individual JWs

• Beans
    Beans

Are those all volunteers?

http://www.Quotes.Watchtower.ca

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Blondie,

ROFL!! You hit the nail on the head!! Yes, they'd wind up in piles in basements an attics, before they went to the recycling center or the trash and found their way to the landfill!!

And here they are expandind the printing (wastefulness) facilities so they they waste even more forests in the same old tired excuse for "Christian works", instead of recognizing and using other forms of mass media (distributing CDs, or directing proselytes to their website).

What a waste of forests!

As the Bible says, that God will " bring to ruin those ruining the earth ."?Revelation 11:18.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit